Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Other Site Sponsors

JKP Detail - Winter Protection Detail
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
jkp

Scotland 
JKP Detail - Winter Protection Detail

Following on from the offer from last year, I'd like to offer the winter protection detail again this year that quite a few people had done last year.

The ‘detail’ or ‘valet’ will include exterior and interior.

Exterior will include wash and clean of all bonded contaminants, such as tar, tree sap and general grime that washing alone will not remove. Claying the painted surfaces to leave a smooth as glass feel ideal for applying cleaners/glaze and sealants.

Not normally included in a protection detail, I will apply paint cleaners via machine polisher to enhance the gloss and this will also remove some of the lighter paint marks such as swirls or bramble rash. Please note that this is not a correction so some marks will remain but there will be a noticeable improvement.

Once cleaned and polished the painted surfaces will be treated with a suitable sealant or wax best suited to your car and it's use. This will give maximum protection from the winter roads to the painted surfaces. I would fully expect that this protection will still be evident on the car up to three months after application.

As part of the exterior the wheels will also be cleaned and sealed against the winter salts and brake dust.
For the interior, this will be a ‘deep clean’ of all surfaces with the application of matt dressings where requested (not everyone likes dressings on the dash/etc... ) I do not do shiny dressings as these are dangerous and ghastly. They can cause glare and the usual silicone base can be slippy. All seats cleaned and treated inc. feeding leather where fitted. Door seals will also be cleaned and treated.

For the above detail work it would be approx £180. The only deviation to this would be the state of the interior. Mainly excessive dog hairs as this is very time consuming to remove.

For only exterior work it would be £150

For those who are smokers, have pets or are looking to sell the car on, as an add-on to the interior clean I can use the Aromatek fogging machine. This assists in the removal of mal-odours as it gets into all areas of the car inc. dash, seats, head-lining and air ducts. It is a bacterial killing process that removes the origin or the smell, not simply covering it up as some foggers do. If added to the detail i will do this for £20 (50% off). This process also requires a proper interior clean with anti-bacterial products. It's not a simple switch the machine on and leave it.

To complete a full detail on a D3 will take roughly 8 hours.

As most know I'm based in central Scotland but I can travel for the price of diesel in my wee van. Only a couple of things I would need is access to power, a covered work area depending on weather and although not necessary a water supply (I usually bring my own)

I also do a free collection and delivery service within a reasonable distance of EH47 postcode area. I'm fully insured for this service providing proof on request.

My earliest openings at the moment are into the end of November. If you'd like to book or want for info please drop me an email to [email protected] or drop me a PM.

Also those who are in the know over detail/valet prices will appreciate that this is a very good price for the work involved and I have not increased the cost from last year for the full works.

Thanks, John Thumbs Up

Post #54159528th Oct 2009 9:58 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >