Page 3 of 3 <123
Cheeko

United Kingdom 2009 LR3 TDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackLR3

Thankyou though much appreciated

Post #237310712th Jul 2024 7:32 pm
Cheeko

Christian
Don’t drive it with the shutter or the converter clutch will burn up. 90% of the issues it’s caused by the seals. Do not flush, just change oil. Install all seals and a steel oil pan. Then this job is easy. Fill the level correctly and use Lifeguard 6 for the 6HP. Christian
What a top guy all I did was comment on his YouTube channel

Post #237312512th Jul 2024 10:49 pm
Pete K

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 3

Most of his experience has been with a manual gearbox!

He’s just recommending the most expensive and most work you can do without removing gearbox.

Upto you if you just want to try a fluid change or try everything in one go.

Post #237313213th Jul 2024 2:56 am
Cheeko

It’s not actually that expensive it’s definitely worth a go as I understand it dr tranny costs a lot more in the long run and it’s mega flushes etc that damage these seals the seals supply the oil and return the oil from the torque converter a manual gearbox would not shudder the clutch would slip I’m guessing that the torque converters are low on oil and burn out hence why using the dr tranny fix isn’t a fix at all but a short term bodged job for people who are just looking to pass there problem to others I’ve seen him do quite a few automatic transmissions and also seen what he does out of his garage 3d printing parts using lathes to make his own parts fixing blown engines the guy is an engineer and tbh if he has took the time to reply to me I’m definitely going to take his advice I’ve nothing to loose and it’s a job I can do myself if it works it works if not the sump which most likely has to come off anyway will have a new filter and be easier to access next time stupid landrover for designing something that requires so much work to take off and by what I’ve seen if the rubber gasket is not installed correctly it’s this that leaks which is why in one of his other videos he removes the transfer box to find it’s a seal that’s gone on the gearbox sump that landrover them selves had fixed I just trust what he says and am going to give it a go I’ll photograph everything and if it works hopefully will give an insight to others to do the same and stop using mega flush’s and additives. I do however appreciate your and others input because I’m new to landrover and hope to have my car on the road running smoothly for many years to come

Post #237313413th Jul 2024 7:45 am
Pete K

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 3

mega flushes don't damage seals. It's not really a "flush" just a fluid exchange.

I guess it's just about possible that the retangular seal isn't supplying enough oil to the TC.
There are at least 2 styles of retangular seal, so make sure you get the correct one.

Anyway, which way you choose, you need to try something.
I recommend doing it over 2 days if you can, so that fluid can drain down over night from the cooler and valves.

His selection of genuine ZF oil is expensive! maybe it now contains shudder guard! Who knows!
But as you say, most of the rest is labour.

Post #237313913th Jul 2024 10:34 am
Cheeko

Thankyou as always Pete k I’m planing on putting holly molli in for about 6 month see how I get on then drop and change it for rav then if it doesn’t work I’d have to do the tc and drop the oil anyway so might aswell then put more expensive oil in or I might just buy the bigger rav then it works out around the same price if not cheaper direct from rav

Post #237315213th Jul 2024 11:39 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >