Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > In Car Electronics (D4)

Just out of curiousity...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
vinnysca

2008 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Alaska WhiteLR3
Just out of curiousity...

As some of you may know, I'm 99% done with my D3 heated steering wheel mod for my 2008 LR3. I had a stumbling block when I put everything together and nothing happened when I turned on the switch. After triple checking all my connections, I concluded that it may have been a BAD switch. So, I had to return it to my importer in exchange for another one. I'm currently in limbo at the moment. Thanks to all who contributed to making this possible for me to do. I'm really hoping that it IS a bad switch. Meanwhile...

After receiving my 2010 heated wheel with the ECU included (I had to buy a second wheel because the wheel I initially bought was from a 2009 RRS which had a heating feature but didn't come with the ECU), I compared both wheels side by side. it seems that I won't be able to use the 2010 heated wheel (which is from the D4) since the switch clusters for the D3 and D4 are completely different in design (bummer).

I am curious though...

Does anyone know if I will be able to swap this D4 wheel (which means I'd have to BUY both switch clusters PLUS the heated wheel switch and voice recognition switch which are located on the sides, AND the plastic covers for both right and left paddle shifters - which is not available here in the states for the LR4) and use it on my LR3 and what functionality would I lose?

I notice on some of the pics of the new LR4's steering wheel, that there is a button with and "OK" and up and down and side arrows....which makes me think that this is for the multifunction display functionality.

Thanks everyone...

Vince - from the U.S. of A Very Happy

Post #71599114th Nov 2010 6:09 pm
MartinR

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Galway GreenDiscovery 4
Re: Just out of curiousity...

vinnysca wrote:

I notice on some of the pics of the new LR4's steering wheel, that there is a button with and "OK" and up and down and side arrows....which makes me think that this is for the multifunction display functionality.

You'd think it'd work the stereo and ipod controls instead of having to use the arrow keys on the touchscreen wouldn't you? But no, all it does is control the display in the instrument cluster, letting you switch between mpg and l/km...

Post #71605614th Nov 2010 8:10 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >