Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Technical (D3)

Just out of Warranty, and now this....
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
mikebum

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3
Just out of Warranty, and now this....

So, 2 days before christmas, and just a couple of months out of warranty, i pull up at work and go to lock the car.... nothing, then the alarm starts going off and doesn't respond to the key fob.... to cut a long story short, the car goes into lock down and wont respond to anything from the fob. So I manaually unlocked the passengers door, and climbed in.... ignition dead, central locking dead.... although the SAT Nav and the stereo worked...

Anyway.... Land Rover recoverred the vehichle on the 23rd, and have had it since. They have looked over it a few times now, and it is not responding to any computer interfaces, it is "as if it's dead".... they tell me they have never seen a Disco3 display these symptoms, at the moment they are telling me it must be a wiring fault.

I am sympathetic to the time of year, and lack of resource, and i'm hoping that come next week it might get some more attention.

However, awaye from the technical fault itself, my concern is where do i actually stand? The Car is 3 months out of Warranty, but I have a year left on the current PCP deal, and I am stuffed without a vehichle!!

Am I entitled to a Courtesy car now out of Warranty? (or is that at the dealers discretion?)
Am I entitled to anything as part of the PCP deal? (i very much doubt that)
Can I just hand the keys back? (and open another deal if needs be....)

This is not a rant, I have been more than happy with my D3 and the service i have recieved from Guy Salmon Gatwick over the last 2 years (and yes, i am an idiot for not taking an extended warranty), it's just that i am up the creek without a vehichle come next week and I just want to know what my options are....??

Post #5726661st Jan 2010 8:07 pm
SHARKYSHARKS

England 

Mikebum if your D3 has full main dealer service history you can ask for Land Rover good will and they should give you some discount off the repair bill upto I think 50 %, i tried it on my suspension pump and mine was nearly a year out of warranty and they footed 50% good of them, that was at Guy Salmon. If you don't ask you don't get, good luck Confused
 MY18 D5 HSE LUX😎
MY12 Freelander SD4 HSE
44 Tonne 12 Litre 6x2 Scania T cab (Current)
Freelander 1 (Wrote off 😫)
Ex D1
Ex D2 GS
Ex V8 D2 GS
Ex D3 S
Ex D4 GS
Club skip ya lockers !!!
Club BAS remote heater !!
Club Duratrac
Club Phillips DRL
Club Prospeed Rack Mk 1
Club Prospeed Rack Mk 2
Club Sankey
Club RLD spare wheel protector

Post #5726781st Jan 2010 8:57 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Hollywood619

United States 2008 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Tonga GreenLR3

Mikebum this sounds stupid, but check your battery connection. There is the main post to the battery and another 4 gauge cable that bolts to the positive battery distribution block and that bolt is notorious for loosening.
 "A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part"  
Post #5729682nd Jan 2010 5:39 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >