Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Discovery 5 - L462

Large Premium 2019
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 6 of 9 <123456789>
LT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

My 2016 D4 has an EU6 engine. Should I be anymore concerned than current diesel D5 owners?
 2006 D3 HSE (Original & still the best)-GONE
2010 D4 HSE (A bit bling)-GONE
2014 D4 HSE (Almost too bling)-GONE
2015 D4 HSE (A heated what?)-GONE
2016 D4 Landmark (Written Off)-GONE
2016 D4 Landmark (Surely the last!) PD1881 rims-GONE
2017 FFRR SDV8 Autobiography 

Post #206764211th Jul 2019 7:42 am
Pelyma

England 

Even if everything was electric it seems you’ll have pollution. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-48944561
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #206764911th Jul 2019 7:53 am
Someone-Gone

United Kingdom 

So let me get this right, it’s not envy, it’s not cost, it’s not cos you’ve not driven or had a ride in one, it’s purely down to the rear seats and aesthetics and some confusion that it looks like a Disco Sport.

Oh, how you boys like to pull the leg. Good one. Rolling with laughter

The rear seats are just as comfortable as the ones in the D3/4’s I’ve owned. There feels like there’s actually more room to waggle your feet and access is easier.

The vehicle looks the business. It’s aerodynamic rather than brick shaped. The rear is really quite pleasing after your initial shock that it’s not like a square table tops been stuck on the back and as for the number plate, it’s quite pleasing because it’s different, it makes it unique and easy to pick out in a car park. It’s like it’s unique signature. The side view and the front view is just perfect and it looks nothing like the poxy Disco Sport unless your vision is failing as quick as your mental capacity. I mean come on, you can see it coming no matter which way you look. You guys would have trouble picking out a bi plane from the Euro fighter. Whistle

It does everything better than the old D3/4 by the bucket load. I can only suggest that those that dislike it are old fashioned nostalgia lovers, who would favour the 1940’s to living in the exciting and innovative new millennium. Those that prefer striking flints together to make a fire instead of matches or a lighter. Nothing wrong with that, just be honest and admit it and the fact that secretly in your dreams you yearn for such a vehicle but are in denial. Thumbs Up

Post #206765011th Jul 2019 7:54 am
LT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

^ Laughing

“It does everything better than the old D3/4 by the bucket load.”

Not for me it doesn’t. If it did I’d own one.
 2006 D3 HSE (Original & still the best)-GONE
2010 D4 HSE (A bit bling)-GONE
2014 D4 HSE (Almost too bling)-GONE
2015 D4 HSE (A heated what?)-GONE
2016 D4 Landmark (Written Off)-GONE
2016 D4 Landmark (Surely the last!) PD1881 rims-GONE
2017 FFRR SDV8 Autobiography 

Last edited by LT on 11th Jul 2019 8:15 am. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #206765211th Jul 2019 7:58 am
Pelyma

England 

Still got Censored dealers Thumbs Up
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #206765311th Jul 2019 8:00 am
al cope

England 

yep - dont deny that ^^

And its not perfect - I cant get a fridge in the back standing upright (had to lie it on its side) which I could in the D4 - but as I dont intend to carry too many fridges this isnt a show stopper Laughing

I also couldnt get all my daughters stuff in the back when bringing her home from Uni, but whilst she denies it I'm sure she had more stuff than when I took her - again, a once a year thing so not that bothered

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #206766311th Jul 2019 8:46 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
blue meanie
D3 Decade 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

it would be boring if everything liked the same things wouldn't it? Thumbs Up

I just like driving a square LR that reminds me of a Tonka toy Embarassed Laughing
 and theeeeennn......???  
Post #206766711th Jul 2019 9:07 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Someone-Gone

United Kingdom 

At least Blue Meanie is being honest. It’s the first small step that’s the biggest. Thumbs Up

Come on boys, we will support you no matter what, you don’t have to fear coming out. Whistle

Post #206767311th Jul 2019 9:34 am
Hardware

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4

LT wrote:
My 2016 D4 has an EU6 engine. Should I be anymore concerned than current diesel D5 owners?

well ... I see in today's papers the concern is that brake and tyre dust are an issue, so even the electric cars are stuffed.

and if you're drinking a glass of fruit juice per day, you're 12% more likely to get cancer.

not sure there is ANYTHING we can win anymore. Confused

Post #206767411th Jul 2019 9:41 am
blue meanie
D3 Decade 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

The Dundonian wrote:
At least Blue Meanie is being honest. It’s the first small step that’s the biggest. Thumbs Up

Come on boys, we will support you no matter what, you don’t have to fear coming out. Whistle

Laughing I may look at the Def when it's actually out but if it follows the DS and D5 in looking like a regurgitated Toyota Previa then it's off the list as well Razz

I'm very fortunate that I never have to venture into any of the sprawling metropoli that either have in place or are proposing charges for older vehicles so that at least isn't a factor for me either Thumbs Up
 and theeeeennn......???  
Post #206767711th Jul 2019 9:51 am
Moo
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

LT wrote:
^ Laughing

“It does everything better than the old D3/4 by the bucket load.”

Not for me it doesn’t. If it did I’d own one.

Nor me. As I explained its not for me, i'm not worried about LEZ charges because it will cost me less than £1500 a year, but I am looking to the future and the D5 isn't it. Cars like the Riven and others that will be coming along are the future. The D5 is just another Tesco shopping waggon as far as i'm concerned aimed at yummy mummies. I'm glad its the car for you, but its not the car for me and many others. Thumbs Up
 New Defender L663 110 SE (known as Noddy!)

Sold Volvo XC90 R-Design (known as Basil)

Sold - D4 HSE (Known as Gerty)

No longer the Old Buses original owner Sad
231,000 miles and counting
05 S manual owned from March 2005
D4 Face lifted
Still original injectors and turbo
V8 Front brakes
BAS Remap, Allisport Intercooler and deCat
EGRs blanked
T-Max split charge
Hanibal Expeedition rack
Prospeed ladder
Duratrac tyres
IID BT
BAS FBH control 

Post #206771811th Jul 2019 12:10 pm
Fitzy73

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

The Dundonian wrote:
So let me get this right, it’s not envy, it’s not cost, it’s not cos you’ve not driven or had a ride in one, it’s purely down to the rear seats and aesthetics and some confusion that it looks like a Disco Sport.

Oh, how you boys like to pull the leg. Good one. Rolling with laughter

The rear seats are just as comfortable as the ones in the D3/4’s I’ve owned. There feels like there’s actually more room to waggle your feet and access is easier.

The vehicle looks the business. It’s aerodynamic rather than brick shaped. The rear is really quite pleasing after your initial shock that it’s not like a square table tops been stuck on the back and as for the number plate, it’s quite pleasing because it’s different, it makes it unique and easy to pick out in a car park. It’s like it’s unique signature. The side view and the front view is just perfect and it looks nothing like the poxy Disco Sport unless your vision is failing as quick as your mental capacity. I mean come on, you can see it coming no matter which way you look. You guys would have trouble picking out a bi plane from the Euro fighter. Whistle

It does everything better than the old D3/4 by the bucket load. I can only suggest that those that dislike it are old fashioned nostalgia lovers, who would favour the 1940’s to living in the exciting and innovative new millennium. Those that prefer striking flints together to make a fire instead of matches or a lighter. Nothing wrong with that, just be honest and admit it and the fact that secretly in your dreams you yearn for such a vehicle but are in denial. Thumbs Up

Do you set out with every comment to be deliberately obtuse?

As I have said, I am sure the D5 is great and I am not trying to say the D4 is better (mine seems to go wrong quarterly and every visit to my independent seems to cost £1,000!), so I am not living in some rose tinted utopia.

Yet you seem unwilling to accept that I would simply never buy a D5 for what I consider to be its hideous looks, even if it was faster than a Ferrari, more comfortable than a Rolls Royce, was better off-road than a G-Class and cost less than a Duster.
 Andy

Post #206771911th Jul 2019 12:12 pm
Someone-Gone

United Kingdom 

Lighten up, it’s tongue in cheek banter. The world is a crappy enough place at the moment without taking everything so seriously.

God knows I’d be suicidal if I didn’t take the negative comments that are dished out on here on a regular basis, particularly about D5s with a large pinch of salt. tbh. Rolling Eyes

Post #206775711th Jul 2019 2:19 pm
al cope

England 

now you've started it, as I'm sure you can get more pinches of salt in the back of a D4 than you can in a D5 Laughing

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #206777911th Jul 2019 3:40 pm
Red Merle

United Kingdom 

I love the funny idea that curvy must be modern and that square is really dated.

Here's a curvy car, it must be modern!:

Now, just look how "horribly dated" this old square box looks:

"Fashions fade, style is eternal" Thumbs Up
 2011 - 2015: 3 x FL2
2015 - 2017: 2 x D4
2017 to date: FFRR SDV8
2023 to date: FL2 as a second car

2021 to date: Hinckley built ‘14 Triumph Trophy 1200
2022 to date: Hinckley built ‘14 Triumph Trophy 1200 & sidecar!
(One of only two known to exist in the world!) 

Last edited by Red Merle on 11th Jul 2019 3:50 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #206778011th Jul 2019 3:42 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 6 of 9 <123456789>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >