Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > In Car Electronics (D4)

latest ipod/iphone lead ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Russell

United Kingdom 

Rsk21 go to your supplying dealer and explain problem ask them to try a new lead in your car,am sure they will help as you have just spent lots of beer tokens with them. Then if it works try to get them to replace it under warranty, failing that ask nick to supply one at the D3 rate. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
 MY17 D5 1st Edition Namib Orange
MY15 D4 HSE Kaikoura Stone
MY12 D4 HSE Nara Bronze Sold and gone
MY11 D4 HSE Stornaway Grey Sold and gone
D3 S spec Silver Sold and gone
Tow bar, full length roof bars, side steps, tow bar storage unit, surround camers.
D4 camera club 

Post #69306715th Sep 2010 8:21 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
victoriaEDT

2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4

I bought one from Nick last week and it charges my nano - was about £43 from memory!

Post #69436218th Sep 2010 9:33 pm
rsk21

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XXV LE Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

Thanks for all the interest - here's a quick update.

So i went to my local (not supplying dealer) and asked to have a try of the very latest iPod lead. Sadly i should have know better given that it was a Stratstone meaning "No sir you can't open it and try it and no sir we won't refund it if it doesn't work". It was though a different part number to mine and I was assured it was the most up to date and most compatible lead.

£40 odd later it of course doesn't work - Mad More fool me, yet another thing to add the litany of "Reasons why you say you'll never go back there again" list which I still keep forgetting to enforce......

Anyway the more I ponder it the more I think that the content of the post below may well be at the heart of the problem. So I'm going to ask my supplying dealer (the excellent Lookers Park Royal) to investigate whether there is actually a difference in the USB connectors from the earliest builds like mine to the most recent models.

PS - if anybody wants an unused iPod lead for £15 drop me a PM.

umbertob wrote:
If you have an earlier build 2010 with an iPod interface cable unable to charge latest gen iPod Touch or iPhone 3G/3GS (unless you purchase the bulky Scosche PassPort adapter), it appears all that's needed to retrofit your vehicle to later MY2010 and 2011 "standards" may be the updated USB/iPod receptacle located under the center arm rest. A RRS owner on our forum successfully tested this receptacle with her iPhone that would previously not charge in her early build 2010 RRS. The interface cable / lead should be the same, what's changed is the female connector the lead attaches to. See: http://rangerovers.net/forum/viewtopic.php...p;start=15
 FFRR Vogue SE - Waitomo

D4 XXV - Causeway

D4 HSE 255 - Sumatra

D4 HSE 245 - Stornoway

D3 S - Java 

Post #69479320th Sep 2010 10:25 am
gingerdigger

2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Just to add on to this thread. Is it possible to get a lead to plug an ipod/iphone into a D3 and have it so that it charges and plays through the stereo system and is controlled from the NAV screen?

Regards

Ash

Post #69804129th Sep 2010 2:09 am
The Large One

England 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

as per reply above
early D4's had issues with charging iphones etc when APPLE changed the goal posts
it's was not LR's fault but they advised if later phone did not charge you needed other charging source

they have now re-jigged the wiring cable for the D4 and it should now charge and work all new product accordingly

the cable needed is LR019691
Thumbs Up
 TLO has left the building.......
I no longer work for a Landrover Dealer

My little chilli sauce business http://www.thechillees.co.uk
if you would like to order anything just give me a shout 

Post #69807829th Sep 2010 9:10 am
The Large One

England 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

gingerdigger wrote:
Just to add on to this thread. Is it possible to get a lead to plug an ipod/iphone into a D3 and have it so that it charges and plays through the stereo system and is controlled from the NAV screen?

Regards

Ash

nearly
all above except it will NOT show track or artist names on sat nav screen
if you want to see what your ipod/iphone is playing you need to have sight of the iphone but it will charge it and you can use the steering wheel buttons to control track and volume
 TLO has left the building.......
I no longer work for a Landrover Dealer

My little chilli sauce business http://www.thechillees.co.uk
if you would like to order anything just give me a shout 

Post #69808029th Sep 2010 9:13 am
chadders

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4

My wife had a problem with her car, she could make and receive calls but couldn't play music. Now this is not a LR so could be a different problem? She took the car back to the dealer, who tried different leads etc FOC, but still the same problem? The dealer even asked other owners with the same car and phone and it turned out to be the software on the phone.
The latest itunes 10 update for the iphone 3gs would not work with the hardware in the car!
This problem has now been rectified with the latest updates, so she is now happy Smile

Post #69839529th Sep 2010 11:31 pm
marcap599

Germany 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 S Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

The Large One wrote:

they have now re-jigged the wiring cable for the D4 and it should now charge and work all new product accordingly

the cable needed is LR019691
Thumbs Up

Does anybody know if it is possible to fit this code (LR019691) on a D4 "S" 2010 with basic radio?
 marcap599  
Post #73820228th Dec 2010 8:19 pm
Salty Spuds

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 4

Just to chuck my 2 penneth in:- 2010 D4 XS april 10 build, OEM LR Ipod/iphone lead, 3xbrand new Iphone 4's with 4.2 OS, plug any phone in & we get the same message, the phone says "this accessory is not optimised for Iphone" & the nav screen displays "device error" Still waiting for a reply from dealer.

Post #7434718th Jan 2011 6:28 pm
Stingray

Wales 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

SS - For what it's worth, I have exactly the same problem; 'Not optimised' message on iphone, and 'device error' message on the dash screen. Car is D4 11MY, delivered Sept '10, and iphone4 4.2.1. Phone charges OK though, and bluetooth is fine. I must get around to contacting the dealer.

Ray

Post #74955619th Jan 2011 11:19 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >