DISCO4.COM > IIDTool Help

Live Values Reading
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
AndreasG

Cyprus 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Atacama SandDiscovery 3
Live Values Reading

Hello to all,

I am still new to this so please bear with me.

I have recently undergone a huge job on my Discovery 3 (most of it preventative). I have owned the car for 4 months now and have done last week front & rear timing belts, oil pump (upgraded fomoco), water pump, pulleys and tensioners, changed all water hoses, and thermostats, cleaned MAF & MAP sensors (I know opinions on this vary), changed the two longer intercooler hoses to silicone ones, lubricated turbo actuator, flushed brake, power steering and cooling system and added a diesel cleaning fluid to the tank (Max44).

Having done all this I would like to run a test on the car to make sure that everything is actually running OK. I have no errors (other than an antenna fault and an EGR fault (EGR was blanked by previous owner) but these where there since I bought the car.

Can someone help out to what Live Values I should check out and especially what the reading SHOULD be?

There is a high pitched whistling sound coming from the engine but does not seem like a turbo whistle. Car is OK on power and no smoke out the back.

I was thinking reading values related to Temperatures/Pressures, Sensors, Turbo, Manifold, Injectors, Alternator, Gearbox, Engine Management etc….(just things to indicate if the car is running healthy or not). I do not know what to look out for, I just want to be prepared and hopefully prevent any major catastrophic breakdown or components on their way out.

If someone could help out with items to read out, the normal reading and how to test these (i.e idling, on the move, switched off etc…) I would be foreber greatful

Vehicle is a Discovery 3, 2.7 TDV6, HSE (2006).
I have the GAP IID BT Tool.

Thank you all in advance

(Have also posted this in the technical department of the forum)
 Discovery 3, TDV6, HSE, 2006
GAP IID BT Tool 

Post #225146615th Sep 2021 1:35 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >