Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
sceh

France 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 S Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 4

Right now, none...that's the mystery

Post #228551428th Mar 2022 5:06 pm
sceh

France 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 S Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 4

To clarify a bit. I had all the warning lights and many faults but almost all were communications problems - liker loss of contact with this sensor as well as others.
Took it to LR, they reset BMS, reset ECUs and updated some it seems. Drove home, all ok.
Next morning, every warning light again. Drove back to LR for them to read the faults. They read them, cleared them and I drove home no problem.They said there were three pointing to the steering sensor but needed to analyses further.
I decided to check the sensor myself and initially had this situation where the angle was fixed so the sensor signal was not being read which would explain all the other faults. I did a live run and found it was OK and jiggled the connector a bit even though it was not loose.
Since then all seems OK. I check the sensor reads the angle before starting and then there seems to be no problem. Is the act of reading doing something to the ECU for example? Is it or was it a bad connection?
I keep taking it for drives and so far, fingers crossed, it seems OK. Even a persistent fault of lack of communication with the EPB has gone away (possibly temporarily). A couple of weeks/month ago all I had to do was get in the car for the warnings to light up! Weird

Post #228552528th Mar 2022 5:49 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >