Lockdown To Do List
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
pwheeldon

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

ust bought the rear wheel arch rubber trims as one job for me Thumbs Up

https://www.advancedfactors.co.uk/clb00001...1812-p.asp

https://www.disco4.com/forum/wheel-arch-tr...wheel+arch

Does anyone e have dims for these, mine are missing and I've found some on ebay that look like they'll fit
 Discovery 4 GS 2009 Auto Stornoway Grey
Discovery 3 s 2005 Auto Bonatti Grey Gone
Discovery 3 SE 2005 Manual Zambezi Silver Gone
Range Rover Sport HSE 2006 Black
Aston Martin DB7 VV 

Post #21345943rd Apr 2020 10:15 pm
Ruper

United States 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Maya GoldLR3
My List

Doing the cornering light addition and De Tango with installation of DRL's if my parts make it.
Just upgraded dipped beams to Phillips 150% Xenon light bulbs a good bit of improvement on night vision.
Remove glass bits from upper tailgate.
Also while I have the A-bar off going to do a headlight restoration on both.
Also changing out the third brake light and smoke tinting that, tail lights and headlights, so it should look like a new one pretty soon.
Next mod in June Memorial day is 3 new air struts, my right rear was replaced when I got the tires balanced and aligned due to the tire place busting that bag and replacing it at their cost. Going with Dunlops as that is what the new strut they replaced was.

Just put in my Bluetooth module from British Atlantic. Had to get an external mic as either my phone speaker would not work on my side or I just have not set it up correctly, but I got one off amazon and it works, just need to route it around and up to the visor.
 2005 Land Rover D3, 4.4L V8, Maya Gold Metallic
1966 Scout 800, 196 cu.in.
1975 Scout II, 392 cu.in. 

Post #21354766th Apr 2020 4:50 pm
pwheeldon

Ruper, can you put up some pics of the high level brake light when it has been tinted please? Mine has a split in it so I was thinking of tinting it to hide the split, but worried what it will look like.
Cheers
Aston Martin DB7 VV 

Post #21354886th Apr 2020 5:13 pm
Ruper

Mine too

Sure Mine is also cracked, and quite sun faded, so I am going to try to fix the crack with fiberglass body filler or something like it and restore the brake light with the headlights, then put on the smoke tint.

I'll get some pictures and post them, will be the weekend before I can get to it.

Post #21355836th Apr 2020 10:59 pm
Alphamale

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

Kilovolt wrote:
Just bought the rear wheel arch rubber trims as one job for me Thumbs Up

https://www.advancedfactors.co.uk/clb00001...1812-p.asp

https://www.disco4.com/forum/wheel-arch-tr...wheel+arch

Thumbs Up

You can also use the Freelander 2 ones LR005165, just a little longer, but cheaper.

Post #21357257th Apr 2020 1:52 pm
G7jtk

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Starting with polishing the hit the engine bay. Clean the inside next.

Post #21357747th Apr 2020 4:16 pm
pwheeldon

That looks mint. I am planning to do similar as I watched a guy on YouTube that made a messy engine bay look, well like yours, just washed the car and need to get the bodywork looking reasonable first.
Aston Martin DB7 VV 

Post #21358057th Apr 2020 5:25 pm
Alphamale

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

Just think in other circumstances we'd be pulling your leg about having so much time on your hands. Laughing How things have changed with this COVID 19 Twisted Evil

Post #21358777th Apr 2020 9:51 pm
Ruper

Shiny Vehicles

WE will all have "new" rovers at the end of this thing, hell I may even wash mine this weekend. Wonder how many CEL lights I will get then.

I do have a funny Air strut thing going on. No leaks at struts time to pull all the panels and have a look at the valves I guess. Only happens when it sits 2 nights so I will set up and pull fuse 26 and see if it goes down now, as I re calibrated the susp. last night.

Post #21364099th Apr 2020 3:37 pm
snowmonkey

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

Just finished pulling all the cables through the car to fit the split charge, with Anderson socket in rear cubby. Just got to drop in the second battery and hook it up.
It was a hell of a lot harder installing into the d4 HSE than it was in the d3 XS commercial that I pulled it out of last summer! Apart from shifting all the gubbins in the battery tray, there are loads more wires everywhere. Shocked

Post #21364599th Apr 2020 5:53 pm
kajtzu

Finland 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

I picked up some citrus tar remover, dragon’s breath, a new brush for the rims & a washing mitt, etc. have been waiting for the temperatures to rise - while it’s warm during the day nights can still go down to zero or slightly below. Whistle

Post #21364769th Apr 2020 7:04 pm
Ruper

Third Brake Light

I have yet to do my blackout tining of the lights. Just got the tint last weekend, and am waiting fo the materials to fix the crack in my brake light 3rd, to redo and fix the light crack before sanding and buffing the light with my 3m headlight kit. Did the headlights 2 weekends back and got good results, but the crack in the 3rd light is delaying the tinting. So not forgotten about some pics maybe I will be on it this next weekend then post.

Sorry for the delay LOL

Post #213998121st Apr 2020 3:45 am
Ruper

Cornering Lights Mod

SO this past weekend I installed my cornering lights. I was fortunate to have in place already the power in wire #4 pin on the HL connector plug.
In reviewing some posts here I chose to use H9 bulbs 65w for my cornering lights.
I decided to use the empty slots in my headlight harness and HL pin out coupler for the ground and power wire. Since the #4 power in pin/wire was present I made the choice of not drilling through the HL unit to install my light ground wire via the HL connector instead. I also went ahead and split my headlights to remove the blank plug holder for these lights.
I purchased what I thought were the correct pins both male and female with the seals, however after I tried to fit these into the plug/pin out, I found that I had got the wrong pins and the pins would not lock into the coupler.
I also had planned to install DRL's in the HL unit also however I didn't like the look of the LED strip I had purchased, so I scrapped that idea. Once I figure out what I want I will split my HL's again and do them possibly.
I picked up the bulbs (H9-65w) at a local auto parts store (Advance Auto) and the bulb plug, a universal H9 wired plug x2 and wired it in. I placed the pin (male) in the #5 slot and ran the ground wire into the matching empty place in the head light supply plug. The wires were long enough to simply attach the male pins to the plug wires.

After I had ran the wires and installed the bulbs I resealed the HL units with my heat gun, unfortunately my oven was a little small for placing the HL unit in the oven it looked to close to the heating element so I went with the heat gun instead.

Here is a list of the correct parts: As I said my purchased oins were not locked in but they did work. I later inquired and was given the correct pins needed to add to the plugs and pin out which is listed here:

Bulbs H9-65w bulbs from Advanced Auto Parts
Universal H9 plug with wires (pictured Below):
From Corsa Technic (this is a supplier in the US): https://www.corsa-technic.com/index.php

Male pin that goes in the headlight unit: https://www.corsa-technic.com/item.php?item_id=937

Female pin that goes in the power in connector headlight plug is: https://www.corsa-technic.com/item.php?item_id=252

And these are supposedly the correct pins needed for the HL connector, I have some on order currently, should have them by week's end.

H9 socket: BTW I installed the male pins and green seals on this, it does not come with pins installed.

Once all was installed and HL back in vehicle I did have to enable Cornering Light (2) in the CCF, Cornering Light (1) was already enabled for some reason.
If I do revisit the DRL's at a later date I will also replace the incorrect pins that I ran in these, and use an empty pin slot for the three wires needed to run the DRL's. I am also planning to tint the headlights, tail lights and third brake light, when I get a chance to return home from out of town working. I hace promised pictures of the third brake light refurb and tinting so that is next up for me, and figuring out why my air suspension leaks down over a 48 hour period.
I have purchased the valve rebuild kit (O-rings) but did not have jack stands or a proper jack available to do so, but when I get to go back home I will do these as well, to see if that cures my leaks. No indication with soapy water of any leaks.But that's another fix for another day.

Post #214016521st Apr 2020 5:19 pm
Ruper

Tinting Practice

Well I came home to an Amazon pkg yesterday. It was the tint material I had ordered, problem was it was a dark smoke tint where as I wanted light smoke. Called the supplier and they were sending out the right stuff. The guy told me to just keep the tint as mailing it back was not worth the cost, it was only $20 for 2 rolls. So I had some free tint and decided to put it on last night so I would know how to go about doing the right stuff. Pretty challenging I admit, and I screwed up a couple times getting it too hot, but down the road at 70 mpg you would think it was done right.

It's too dark but now I have practice when the lighter stuff comes in.

Post #214065123rd Apr 2020 3:24 pm
Ruper

Blacked out but still no DRL's

So I did a couple things while home for a refi closing this weekend. Rebuilt both front and rear suspension valve blocks, rear was a bitch, front was not really an issue.
Took the HL apart again and blacked out all silver bits. CAUTION: to those like me, as I wiped out the main beam headlamp piece that is plastic, not the main beam reflector itself, I used isopropyl alcohol on the rag to help clean the chrome covered plastic, boy that was a big mistake. It ended up removing the chrome coating on the plastic piece, so I had intended to leave it silver but at that point it had to go black. Also removed previously tinted front headlight tint to "show" the blacked out look. Came out as expected but the DRL's I was all ready to install, I again did not like the look so I think I'm done with DRL's mod. Since I am in the states I had to decide how to handle the turn signal issue. I decided to get amber bulbs and go ahead and cut out the amber lens part (Last photo) that is front of the TS bulb and paint the frame left with the amber side reflector black. When turn signal is on you can't tell that there is not an amber lens there. Also the black paint I used was wheel and rim paint, gloss black and it reflects well, on the TS and cornering beams as well. I like the look, probably stick to no tint on these now.

Post #21440566th May 2020 5:02 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >