Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Camping, Caravanning and Holidays

Long Shot!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
JRH

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Siberian SilverDiscovery 3
Long Shot!

Not exactly caravan/camping, but looking for any recommendations from anyone who has experienced or has some form of information on holidaying in Canada?

Parents are planning a holiday to Canada to visit family either this summer or next & are thinking of trying to get some form of organised bus trip from Calgary to Kelowna taking appx 5-7 days, they would like pretty much all organised inc hotels even meals if poss!

As I say, a long shot but maybe worth a quick post Thumbs Up

Cheers

James

Post #122406825th Jan 2014 11:09 pm
Oldbean

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Adriatic BlueDiscovery 3

We have relatives in this part of Canada and ski this area each year. We usually fly with Air Transat and book with Canadian Affair. They fly direct to Calgary and Vancouver. Their web site also has all the usual extras for connections to the main resorts and Rocky Mountain towns. Kelowna is on their list because it is near Big White ski resort.
There is also the train, this covers the Rockys, and the Rockymountaineer.com may be worth a quick look. We have never use them and I don't think they go to Kelowna.

We have usually driven to Kelowna, and have had motorhomes (RV's) These are good for a slow amble if you have the time and don't mind driving.

Hope you get it sorted, we love it there in Summer and Winter.

Post #122408825th Jan 2014 11:51 pm
JRH

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Siberian SilverDiscovery 3

Cheers Oldbean,

Went on there web page & requested a brochure from them! Looks quite a professional Co.

Thanks again,

All the best..

James

Post #122428426th Jan 2014 2:00 pm
Chris1969

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Alveston RedDiscovery 3

Hi James,

Don't think this will exactly answer your question, but me and SWMBO went touring around New Zealnd and Oz in 2008 for about 7 weeks. We booked the whole thing through 'Travelbag' and they sorted the whole lot for us..

Only thing we did ourselves when we were there was specific trips, but that was because we wasn't sure what would take our fancy...

They sorted all the flights, transfers from airports to hotels, coaches from one place to another... we could say if we wanted meals at hotels, what pre-arranged trips we knew we wanted to do.

Have to say they were brilliant. We just went in and said what we knew we wanted to do and they gave us loads of ideas and it just took all of the hassle away. I through the prices would be inflated as well for them to get their 'cut' but they were very competative and when I tried to sort stuff initially on the internet myself, it wasn't particularily cheaper!

I'm sure Canada is somewhere they cover and could help...

It all worked like clockwork so we were very pleased with them, so it may be worth them trying Travelbag or maybe Trailfinders or any other bespoke companies that may be around.

Hope that helps as another idea anyway Surprised)
 .. still learning Surprised)

Isofix car seat, Isofix baby seat base, crushed carpet crisps, sticky leather seats (next to Isofix car seat), upgraded front rubber cup holder things, wired up USB charge and audio for my iphone, side steps, de-tango'd lights, H7 OSRAM Nighbreakers, LED side lights, LED reverse lights, clear repeaters, Narpy Grill... tools I don't know how to use.... yet.. 

Post #122712430th Jan 2014 2:10 pm
scraig

Canada 2008 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Stornoway GreyLR3

Pretty well covered in previous responses buy my 2 cents worth is if driving is not a problem, land in Calgary, hire a car, drive the Banff-Jasper run for scenery like no other and tootle to Kelowna from there would be a wonderful tour. Easily done in 5-7 days no problem. I really am not familiar with bus tours, but trying to find one with the Banff-Jasper leg would be something to look for but may be a challenge to get a Calgary-Kelowna transport with a tour of the Rocky's component.
 Stewart  
Post #125528819th Mar 2014 5:50 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >