Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Loud banging from under passenger seat
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Bruce_Fal

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
Loud banging from under passenger seat

So here I am again trying to find someone that's had a similar issue to me with their disco!

'Sometimes' I have a banging sound coming from under the passenger seat area. Sometimes I don't!

The centre bearing and UJ had had it on the prop shaft so replaced that (new shaft, bearing and UJ) while there, I noticed that the front shaft wasn't best and replaced that (when I took it off and put it on the floor, it completely disintegrated at one end and all the balls came out of the bearing.

Excellent, I thought, that'll solve that. Has is f*ck.

So this banging, I say banging, could be classed as a severe vibration. The whole car shakes to the point of one day my sunglasses were shaken off the dash. Only sometimes it is a thing, mostly under load and seems to get faster until it's reached a certain RPM, then goes away. Almost like the wheels have turned into squares for a short time.

Bits so far replaced (while trying to resolve the front wheels getting red hot after about 6 miles - which still isn't resolved. So grateful for any suggestions there.

* - Some of these have needed replacing as a result of the wheels / brakes getting SO hot, it's knackered other components / normal break - fix

A second set of new Calipers
New Discs
New Pads
New ABS Sensors (Front)
New Drive Shafts (Front)
New Hubs / Bearings (Front)
2 new Prop Shafts
Replacement ABS Unit
New Servo
New Master Cylinder
New Vac Hose
4x New brake hoses
2x New brake pipes
Wheels off and re-balanced

Sometimes after it's got HOT HOT it'll throw up an HDC fault for lols.

Nothing obvious on diagnostics (delphi) - interestingly - I don't know how it's 'meant' to be? When you choose to manually bleed the individual components. It'll only 'bleed' (you know, activate the pump) on the right hand side. The left hand side just says 'Bleeding complete - please close bleed nipple' - it says to pump the pedal during the operation. When it's activating the pump. There's no pumping the pedal. It's rock hard. Zero travel. Is this normal?

Any help gratefully received.

Post #232411225th Jan 2023 3:22 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >