Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Technical (D3)

Lower blend door actuator motor issue
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Ljdiscovery

United States 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Tonga GreenLR3
Lower blend door actuator motor issue

My 2006 is showing the following code. b1b76-00 (2f) . The lower blend door motor doesn’t seem to be lining up properly with the shaft on the blend door. I have tried different actuator motors and none seem to line up. I tried the Hvac reset by, with the key off, holding the recirc and Econ buttons and then turning the key to the on position. Has anyone dealt with this issue. If so any recommendations on a fix?

The lower left side (lhd driver’s side) actuator seems to be out of sync. The motion of the actuator motor does not seem to correlate with the blend door open/close motion. For example, the blend door seems to move from 6 o’clock to 9 o’clock. The Motor wants to move from 3 o’clock to 6 o’clock.

I got an assortment of actuator motors out of a wreck along with a few others. I plugged them all in and was hoping that one would move in sync with the blend door shaft that opens and closes the blend door. No such luck.

I then tried to start the calibration process by holding the recirc button and the econ button at the same time when turning the key to the ready position. When I plugged the motors in, they seemed to run a calibration process, some switching forwards and backwards, some rotating a 360, etc. None of them seemed to correlate with the blend door shaft and the fixed positions that the blend door will operate.

Does the calibration process sense the limits of the blend door and adjust the motor to operate within the range that the blend door will move?

Any help is appreciated. Currently the lower actuator is plugged in but not screwed in and mounted to the hvac box. When I want heat, I manually reach down and move the tab on the blend door and push it forward. As long as the fan is at three lights or more, the suction of the fan keeps the blend door with the tab pointing to the forward position. If I turn off the fan or adjust it to two lights or less, there isn’t enough vacuum and the blend door defaults back to closed or open, not sure, but the tab points down.

Thx. Phil

Post #20340235th Mar 2019 7:17 am
Oswiperus
D3 Decade 

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Probably not much help to you, but I had one of mine fail back in 2011 I think, I replace all four motors while I had the dash to pieces. I'm sure they were all different part numbers. Perhaps you've been unlucky not to have the correct motor for the L/H blend amongst the ones you picked up or perhaps it is also faulty?
 Stu

2016 D4 Landmark current
2022 Defender D300 SE Gone Sad
D4 2014 XS Commercial - Gone Sad
D4 2016 hse lux montalcino red - Gone
D3 2005 se java black - current
D3 2005 base manual - gone Sad
D2 1999 TD5 E white - current 

Post #20345216th Mar 2019 10:41 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: