DISCO4.COM > General

LR 'Go Beyond' to become a world forum
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 
LR 'Go Beyond' to become a world forum

Looks to be an interesting developement for the 'Go Beyond' site...

http://www.brandrepublic.com/bulletins/dig...ated-push/
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #7479831st Jul 2006 6:29 pm
dylansdad

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Rolling Eyes ... in other words... anyone with a D3 send us material we can use to market the vehicles to save us having to do our own shoots Laughing Id bet they dont have an open forum like this where people can express and discuss opinions without sensorship, so no threat to disco3.co.uk Laughing
 2004 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi Silver  
Post #7481331st Jul 2006 7:19 pm
catweasel

wouldn't be surprised if they stumbled their way across this site and said "gee that looks good, dunnit eh" seeing as the go beyond site should be the go past site.
sorry lads I find the site a bit dissapointing and devoid of anything useful Embarassed

Post #749931st Aug 2006 9:02 am
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

catweasel wrote:
sorry lads I find the site a bit dissapointing and devoid of anything useful Embarassed

...and a bit 'luvvy duvvy' too Rolling Eyes
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #749981st Aug 2006 9:21 am
Mossy

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

catweasel wrote:

I think the problem at the moment is a lack of material; this should improve over time. The bigger issue is more about where they try to position the brand. It's a fine line: The G4 Challenge is a case in point, what started out as a good idea, has been reduced to nothing more than a sophisticated and costly "what looks like a corporate fun day", with the cars used either as ferries to drive contestant from event to event or worse, subjected to some clown challenge by some artificial obstacle course.

Move too far from the core product, The Land Rover Marque, and they risk irreparably damaging the link between the brand values and what these have come to mean to so many - all of whom are either customers or potential customers. The G4 Challenge risks more about being identified as some event for elite athletes, rather than a showcase for the abilities, capabilities of a vehicle that can allow Jo Average to Go Beyond.

Time will tell.
 D3 HSE V8...  
Post #750011st Aug 2006 9:36 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
catweasel

I agree. its like their version of Survivor or Big Brother and misses the vehicle challenge, after all that's what we are interested in, and tends to focus on the people challenge. I dont know about you guys but my day to day community looks nothing like the "beautiful people" set.
anyway while under control of LR the forum will probably only be used as a promotional tool and never achieve either the knowledge base or community as this forum as it's core is a corporate ideal not a voluntary site from the ideals of individuals who have an indentical purpose, enjoyment of their D3

Post #750251st Aug 2006 10:22 am
catweasel

just thought I'd take another look and geuss what
system error. called LRA and they are picking up the web page tonight and taking it back to the dealer and giving me a loaner in the time being.

Post #750281st Aug 2006 10:25 am
Mossy

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Beautiful People? I’ve seen some of your avatars CW Laughing Laughing Laughing

I would add that whilst I accept that not everybody wants to push their Land Rover to the limits, cross deserts, ford river and lake and the like, it is this image and brand value /association that has sells the vehicles. LR has always been about empowering Joe Average. Agree entirely with you that this mythical world of beautiful people, doing extreme things to the sound track of a breathlessness, wheezing and “oh it was so difficult, the heat, the exhaustion” blah, blah, blah, blah, don’t do much for me on the car front!

It probably has an audience, but is it the audience they want ultimately? Might sell a mountain bike or two and maybe a canoe? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
 D3 HSE V8...  
Post #750391st Aug 2006 10:37 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >