LR3 Ipod Connection
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
gonster

South Africa 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 4
LR3 Ipod Connection

Hi Guys

I need your help please.
I am ordering a Disco 3, but would like my ipod connected through the ipod connection directly into the car. I believe Landrover can do this without problem as it is a factory fitment.
My question is: Is there a limit on the number of songs/playlists it displays through the car?
The reason i am asking this is because i currently have a BMW 5 Series and it too has an ipod connection direct into the car's cpu. The problem is it limits the amount of songs one playlist will show (500 songs) as well as it limits the amounts of playlists.
Does anyon have this an know if they are experiencing any limitations?
I am not talking about connection through the AUX plug as this limits the volume output and you are unable to control the ipod through the steering controls.

Thanks guys!
Hope to hear from someone soon.
Thanks from a cold Cape Town - South Africa

Post #4916796th Jul 2009 10:53 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Stu

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Hi,

I'm not the expert on this by anymeans, and I'm sure someone like Wiggs will correct me, but I don't think you can get any display. I think the integration allows you to listen to the ipod and control it from the steering wheel, but I don't think you get a display anywhere.

You could consider the Harmon Kardon drive&play, I've got one and it works really well, although I don't have mine in the Disco.
 D3 HSE MY05 Auto

Expo Rack, Club MTR, LR Spots, A Bar, Light Guards, GNVP Sump Guard, GNVP Ladder, Cup Holders, RLD A Bar brackets. Disco3Club stickers, Aux power on Mod 

Post #4916886th Jul 2009 11:04 am
gonster

Thanks Stu

I just dont want to waste bucks on getting it installed and it lands up doing the same as my BMW. I would rather pay for an upgrade on the system.
To be honest i am not even sure what "connection or system" they install to make it work.
I have copied your note to my tasks to ask them about..."Harmon Kardon drive&play"
Tks bud

Post #4916936th Jul 2009 11:08 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
gonster

Sorry Stu,
Me again....does your system allow you to view all songs on screen etc?

Post #4916946th Jul 2009 11:10 am
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

On tha ACM, you can't view the track information. It simply say AUX on the radio display as that is the Audio port it uses.
Only way to see the track information is on the iPhone/iPod itself.

Supposedly much better with the forthcoming D4 Smile Thumbs Up
 Bodsys Brake Bible

D4/D3 Remote FBH heat kits
BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush
Software updates/enabling

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #4916976th Jul 2009 11:13 am
Stu

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

The Drive and play consists of three main elements:

Display, Controller and Interface box

The display is essentially a display that can be mounted where you like and looks pretty much identical to the ipod screen.

The controller is a wheel that is similar in opperation to the ipod wheel and again this allows you to mount it where you like

The interface box allows everything to connect together, power, screen, controller (new version is wireless) and it can output to either FM Transmitter or Aux so you have plenty of options. I think it also gives you an Aux input as well, so if you don't have an Aux input then you can use the FM transmitter and then you get a Aux input for something else as well.

I hope that makes sense. I've got the drive and play 1 which you can still find about for about £40 it was £150 when first launched. The new verison info (almost the same just a more colourful screen) can be found here:

http://www.harmankardon.com/product_detail...mp;sType=C

Hope that helps
 D3 HSE MY05 Auto

Expo Rack, Club MTR, LR Spots, A Bar, Light Guards, GNVP Sump Guard, GNVP Ladder, Cup Holders, RLD A Bar brackets. Disco3Club stickers, Aux power on Mod 

Post #4917116th Jul 2009 11:26 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >