DISCO4.COM > General

LRE at Dunkeld Today
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
jkp

Scotland 
LRE at Dunkeld Today

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Done my Level 1 today and was absolutely blown away with the capability of the D3 on road tyres.

Superb location and my Instructor was excellent. Explained absolutely everything prior to each section, the terrain control setting to be used, what it would be doing, what noises i'd hear, how the car would probably react.

Morning session based around the school, learning what the car can do and building up confidence to approaching climbs and decents. After a spot of lunch it was off up into the forests about 10 miles away. Some of the 'roads', you would not even think about walking on, but the ease that the D3 just showing was astounding.

The big finale....'The Dell'...I had a look at it from the bottom and thought, that's okay. We drove around and up to the top and done the risk assessment, where it went from ok to 'Holy F£k'. I've never had my baws tingle like that in a long time Thud As I lined the car up and approached it, my heart was beating out my chest. The confidence I built up all over the day, using cadence and HDC had me chortling all the way down. The back end was being kicked up due to potholes and I was bounced out the seat a couple of times, but holy batshit!!! What a machine and what a day Very Happy

Another big bonus was I had the D3 all to myself today. A lot of driving time.

I'm really looking forward to Sunday and the Newbie day now.

Post #4350021st Feb 2006 8:22 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Pelyma

England 

Its great to hear first timers get this feeling. There is so much rubbish written about the D3 not being a proper LR. If off road ability on road rubber is that good, bring it on I say.

Until you have experienced it though you have only seen 50% of the car. Have fun at the next day with BN, it will be good and you will learn lots more.
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #4351321st Feb 2006 9:11 pm
BCP

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

Thoroughly enjoyed Level 1 at Dunkeld last week. Does anyone know what level 2 includes?
BP

Post #4361822nd Feb 2006 1:34 pm
sflan

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

I saw your DVD install in your gallery, can you tell me did you take the live feed for the screens from the light in the middle? and how did you connect the audio?
I like the two screens as an alternative to the headrest types as you can get a bigger screen and they look simpler to install
Thanks Steve
 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Silver/Black leather
100% better than ML270 that only lasted 7 months! 

Post #4370922nd Feb 2006 8:39 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
jkp

Scotland 

sflan,

I haven't a clue mate. I got it installed, so i'm blissfully unaware of where the wires are.

Post #4371222nd Feb 2006 8:52 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >