DISCO4.COM > In Car Electronics (D4)

roof LED bar
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
nebc100

Luxembourg 
roof LED bar

Hello all,

I am trying to find a solution to isntall a roof LED bar on my D5 (I know I am posting in the D4 section, but since this is a purely electrical question, I thought it best to post here).

I have an LED bar in mind, and I am looking at the best way to do the wiring.

Ideally, I will have the relay in the engine compartment, and a switch in the cabin (below the steering wheel) to turn the lights on. The cables from the light should be able to run down behind the a pillar covers, and in to the engine bay.

My question is: What is the best way to get a cable from the relay to the switch? I would like to avoid having a cable going through the bulkhead of the car, but I want to have a dedicated switch rather than a remote control (that can go walkabout).

Does such a wiring kit exist?

If so... could someone point me to where I can find one, as I have searched the internet and have only found either standard wiring kits, or wireless kits that have a remote control rather than a dedicated switch.

Thanks.

Nick

Post #207740320th Aug 2019 12:47 pm
DiscoNels

United States 2006 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

If you search online you can find a relay kit with a remote control. This will allow you to go "wireless" to turn on the light bar.

Amazon has many variations of these available that can control multiple circuits. Search the web to find what's best for you.
 1998 Discovery LSE - Gold, 249,000+ miles, completely stock
2007 Range Rover SC - White, 63,000 mi
2006 Discovery 3 HSE - Locking E-Diff, Rover Specialties rock sliders, 275/65/18 Cooper STT PRO, LLAMS suspension controller, LR Expedition Roof Rack. Asfir Rear Diff, Tactical 4x4 (Gas Tank Skid, Rear Bumper, and Front Bumper w/12K winch), Traxide Split Charge System, Overland Solar + Lensun Solar panels
BBS Nanocom Evolution and Gap Diagnostics IID BT Tool 

Post #207741520th Aug 2019 2:05 pm
nebc100

Luxembourg 

thanks, but I have already searched, and the "wireless" ones seem to all have a "remote" rather than an actual button that I can put in the dash.

The whole store is that LR Luxembourg installed a system (and had to take it off). I am not getting them to install a new system but I want to avoid that they install the cables as they had done before, and that they use a "wireless" switch that doesn't have a physical cable from the switch to the relay.

I hope that you understand what I mean.

Does this exist?

Post #207741920th Aug 2019 2:23 pm
DiscoNels

United States 2006 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Again, do some searches online and you will find a plethora of possible solutions.

Off the top of my head I can think of the ARB Linx system and doing a Google search I quickly found https://www.neutrinoblackbox.com/products another solution. Keep digging. I'm out.
 1998 Discovery LSE - Gold, 249,000+ miles, completely stock
2007 Range Rover SC - White, 63,000 mi
2006 Discovery 3 HSE - Locking E-Diff, Rover Specialties rock sliders, 275/65/18 Cooper STT PRO, LLAMS suspension controller, LR Expedition Roof Rack. Asfir Rear Diff, Tactical 4x4 (Gas Tank Skid, Rear Bumper, and Front Bumper w/12K winch), Traxide Split Charge System, Overland Solar + Lensun Solar panels
BBS Nanocom Evolution and Gap Diagnostics IID BT Tool 

Post #207742520th Aug 2019 3:05 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >