Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Faults & Fixes (D4)

Mystery vibration
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Percyprod

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4
Mystery vibration

Evening all! A few weeks ago, I started getting a noise which sounded like a wheel bearing on the way out on my 2015 Disco 4, 97,000 miles. I booked it in to my usual indie, which was a couple of weeks ahead. A couple of days before, returning from a weekend away with the caravan and on a longish uphill section of the M6 I started getting a rather severe vibration. I ended up doing about 30mph, just to clear it. It wasn't through the steering wheel, more from front of car somewhere. Eventually it disappeared, and the following day I managed to get it into the garage early. They checked everything and reported bearings were all fine, but the centre bearing on the rear prop shaft was worn. It also needed new discs, pads and brake fluid. All this was done, and I also fitted new tyres on the back, which cured the 'bearing' noise! I already had fitted new front tyres a couple of months earlier. We did a trip to Wales, around 600 miles, and found there was still some vibration, although nowhere near as bad, and only for a short distance a couple of times. Back to the garage, still unable to find anything. This weekend up to Scotland with horse trailer, a couple of minor wobbles going, but coming back another load of vibrations on motorway, when on uphill section. Seems to be worse when towing heavy-ish load and engine is pulling, happens between 40-60 mph, but only on rare occasions. A total mystery, any advice or ideas welcome before I have to do as her indoors says and take it to the stealers!!
 LR 4 se
Grey
Nice wheels 

Post #230727711th Sep 2022 9:49 pm
D1SCD

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Possible Torque convertor..

Post #230728111th Sep 2022 10:06 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >