Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Blackbox Solutions

New Dev Tool for BBS & Boys Toy for Me ;-)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
amazing

China 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
its a wrap

get samples first and check for resilience to scratching and colour fastness when stretched.

a friend has three cars done. the carbon effect looks ok after two years but is creeping back around door mirrorsand a bit tatty above drivers door from being used as a handle for getting in the car
another is done in chrome only done three months already looks scratchy / dullish in places

another in gold. not so scratchy but not even colour where stretched to fit and highlights non flat panels alot.

pimp. away.. Thumbs Up
 It is better to have and not need it then need and not have it.  
Post #113534924th Jul 2013 1:53 am
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

A really huge thanks for your input and advice amazing.

Absolutely all of it sounds just spot on with my suspicions.
Based on this i am still going to self wrap my Merc in Blue Chrome as it does not need much stretching and is a low use vehicle and it will be fun

For the RRS fortunately for me it seems that despite my reservations about the RRS and the suppliers I was initially planning to get that things have started to take a decidedly much improved turn for the better.

I had already pulled up a ton of info about the vehicle, some of which made thing look quite suspect, but i finally managed to obtain a copy of the V5 for it and have contacted its previous sole owner who seems like a really nice and helpful Guy who was not only most helpful in filling in the blanks, but specifically expressed how much of a great car it was and that he hoped i would look after it and enjoy it.

Little does he know what i have planned Laughing

Post #113707127th Jul 2013 7:32 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Boo Yah and just how much i am celebrating tonight.

Despite all my concerns, worries and reservations when the vendor did not produce the vehicle, he has finally come through good, if not more so.

It was really not easy, and it took more than a few pointy phone calls and E-Mails but finally the car turned up, the seller realised who he was dealing with, a really good price was haggled and agreed and despite only having so far given only a small deposit, we now have the Vehicle, keys and all paperwork.
The seller seems more than happy to trust us to transfer the balance tomorrow etc, on which we will of course make good.

It seems that trust is not dead after all Thumbs Up

The vehicle also turns out to be as straight and true as an arrow and is as a really honest example for the age it is as you could ever expect.

Of course i cannot overlook the help i have had in getting this vehicle in the first place Bow down Bow down Bow down

But this also extends to helpiing me find and buy the perfect rims for this vehicle from this Years Billing show in the form of some absolutely mint 2013 RR 22 inch diamond cut rims and Tyres.

Check them out and let me know what you think

Click image to enlarge

Post #113812330th Jul 2013 7:07 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Hiya all

I have to say that getting hold of this particular vehicle has really been very hard work, and getting it on it's way to me has become even harder and tremendously stressfull.

I really cannot thank those that have helped me achive the required result enough.

The vehicle has at least been fully tuned on a 4x4 Dyno with a Remap programmed in that will be best suited to the vehicle being used in Cyprus. The Original map has been cloned into a spare ECU i have that will allow me to switch back for later comparison.

The new wheels and Tyres have been fitted along with replacing all the Brake pads.

And finally after great problems and my agreeing to much expense the vehicle got picked up in the early hours of this morning

Click image to enlarge

and many hours later got delivered to my shippers

They will put it in a 20 foot container to be loaded on a container ship that sails next wednesday the 14th and will arrive in Limassol on the 26th of August.

A few days after that i will get to see her myself for the first time.

Post #11419869th Aug 2013 5:43 pm
StornowayStu

United States 2007 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Stornoway GreyLR3

BBS SPY wrote:
They will put it in a 20 foot container to be loaded on a container ship that sails next wednesday the 14th and will arrive in Limassol on the 26th of August.

A few days after that i will get to see her myself for the first time.

I hope the mad packing gang put in plenty of bubble wrap to stop it sliding around in the container and it has a safe location on the ship with calm seas all the way and that the new toy is everything you wanted it to be Thumbs Up

We will of course need to see photos of the permagrin.

Post #11420319th Aug 2013 8:08 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

I am assured that this vehicle will be be well strapped down inside the container and delivered to me in exactly the same condition as it was when loaded.

Thereafter, it will almost immediately get a full makeover, touching up all scratches and stone chips and a detailing it will have likely never ever had before.

Bali Blue is a really great colour that really only comes into it's own in the sun.

Fortunatley we have plenty of that here in Cyprus

Of course i will provide some pictures.

Post #114231910th Aug 2013 5:32 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

I have found out that this vehicle was loaded into its container on Tuesday the 13th and loaded onto a ship called the Joanna Borchard at Tilsbury docks in london which then sailed on the Wednesday the 14th.

It has since docked at a couple of ports, the last being Antwerp and is now headed directly for Limassol in Cyprus which is our Home Town with an ETA of 2AM on Mobday the 26th.

Spookily, although now using a shipper i have never used before, the last time i had anything shipped by sea was the entire wiring loom and ECU set for the 2011 Range rover we currently use for bench testing.

This was transported on a ship called the Judith Borchard a couple of years back.

Naturally i could not ignore the simalarity in the name, so i did a little digging.

It seems that the Borchard Family are ship owners and Judith and Joanna are names of their daughters.

Sometimes the world seems really quite small Thumbs Up

Post #114494617th Aug 2013 7:46 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

After a couple of days sailing.

This ship with the container that has my new toy inside has finally made it to the Gibraltar straights and so is now sailing into the med an heading directly for Limassol in Cyprus

Click image to enlarge

Post #114615320th Aug 2013 5:57 pm
Mike767

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Lugano TealDiscovery 3

You'll love the RRS. Just make sure that ship steers well clear of Somali coastal waters!

Laughing

Post #114619520th Aug 2013 7:20 pm
geoff.

England 

that little blip on the port side of the ship is a 20 foot container that just fell off hope its not yours colin Rolling with laughter

Post #114619920th Aug 2013 7:26 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

I have only ever seen a post 2009 RRS a couple of times and have never ever seen any vehicle in Bali Blue except in pictures.
I have also never driven a 3.0 Litre version of the TDV6, let alone one that has been remapped.
fortunately i do now have a clone of the EMS ECU i will be able to swap back in to hopefully better appreciate the benefit of the remap.

You also have to appreciate that i will ultimately be paying a fair bit more for this vehicle than it cost new.

So i am indeed hoping to feel like it is Christmas come early for me next week Thumbs Up

Mike767, well clear of Somailia thank goodness and currently now just passing Algeria.

Geoff, i had the container painted bright Red so i could spot it more easily as it passed the Web cams covering the Gibraltar Straights, see if you can spot it Rolling Eyes

Click image to enlarge

Post #114651521st Aug 2013 5:21 pm
geoff.

England 

yep its bobbing up and down in the water behind the ship Rolling with laughter Thumbs Up

Post #114651721st Aug 2013 5:22 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Rolling with laughter

Soon enough this vehicle will emerge from it's container into a degree of sunshine it will have never known before and for sure the state of the windscreen wiper blades will never be as as significant as it has ever been.

Post #114658721st Aug 2013 7:41 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Ohh err

This ship should be halfway between Tunisia and Sicilly by now and it's current GPS position reported quite frequently via the AIS system. However while other vessels in that area are reporting their positions, this ship has not reported its position for almost 12 hours now Shocked

Post #114696222nd Aug 2013 5:50 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

It seems this particular ship has not sank and is actually going to arrive on Monday.

Currently I wish it was not, but apparently our government is changing the legislation on Thursday and if reports are right, not for the better.

Post #114746923rd Aug 2013 7:32 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >