Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > eBay & Bargain Spots

New key fob case
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
WOODY179

United Kingdom 
New key fob case

Just seen these on ebay, thought might help anyone that has got a shabby case or need to open up their existing case because of a battery problem etc.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LAND-ROVER-DISCO...1c205604db

Post #8553655th Nov 2011 2:38 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
woody32
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 2007 LR3 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Bonatti GreyLR3

I got one from this seller looks identical to an original key but the lock and unlock buttons are hard to feel for when trying to lock or unlock the car from your pocket,but then it is new so hopefully it will wear in abit been using it for about a month now Thumbs Up

Noticed the price has gone up by a pound since I bought mine Whistle but still the cheapest around I think, I would certainly buy another from him if needed Thumbs Up
 Wanted D4s non runners pm for competitive price.
IID Pro MV License - D3/4 RRS - Enabling, Updates,Transmission flushing.
Mobile or workshop,PM for details.

Post #8554285th Nov 2011 7:10 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Albourneboy

United Kingdom 

Bought one of these (though from a different seller and it cost a little more) and yesterday afternoon, broke into my old, well-worn key to get all the inner workings out. Getting it open isn't easy but did the job mainly using a couple of paint stripping tools, a wide, flat scraper and a triangular one.

Opened a gap in the old key using the flat scraper, inserted the triangular one and twisted - hard!

Transferred the old board and the key blade to the new key case and found that the blade release pin that came with the new case is a little smaller than the old one and was too loose a fit in the old blade for my liking so used the old release pin instead, though I had to enlarge the hole in the new case slightly as the old pin wouldn't pass through it.

Finally got it all assembled though and held it together with a tie wrap so that I could test it in the car. It worked perfectly so was going to glue it all together until I discovered that we had no super glue in the house Big Cry

Will finish it off this evening after a visit to B&Q.
 Now an ex-D3 owner after 7 happy years. Miss the car but not the big bills Smile

Post #86136521st Nov 2011 9:13 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >