Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Africa

New Trailer
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>
Doc

United States 2007 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
New Trailer

Here are some pictures and modifications made to my new Afrispoor Leopard trailer.

The trailer panelling is made of C3R12 and painted with 2K whilst the chassis is galvanised. All locks are of the mini container type and are extremely strong. I had ordered a 110 l stainless steel water tank to be installed in the belly instead of the standard plastic 70 l version as I have 3 women camping with me! I had an extra large bag sewn onto the tent cover to house my RV5 Oztent, side-covers for the tent, ground sheets, 4 camp chairs and stretchers.
Click image to enlarge

The tent has a decent sized awning (with optional sides) that is very easy to erect. My two kids sleep in the RV5 Oztent.
Click image to enlarge

In the nose cone I have an 80 l National Luna fridge/freezer, power pack and charger, heavy duty water pump and tap. The front nose cone houses the washing up stuff and ALVA gas shower. I had an extra large wash-stand made to accommodate a decent sized basin and dry rack. The steel stand folds for easy storage. Two 105 Amp/hr deep cycle batteries are housed in a separate box underneath the trailer with a door access under the crockery area.
Click image to enlarge

The whole RHS of the trailer has 6 plastic drawers for clothing with a small area above for shoes, toiletry bags and towels. I had a clothes hanging area installed next to this to please SWAMBO.
At the back is a large pull-out roller drawer which can house four ammo boxes or other equipment.
Click image to enlarge

The kitchen area is great with all the heavy-duty drawers for food and pots, etc and the well designed cutlery and crockery area. I had 8W fluorescent lights installed everywhere so the cupboards and storage areas are extremely well lit. Behind both wheels are storage boxes for gas bottles, hose-pipe, electrical cable, Coleman lamps, spare primus stove, small gas lanterns, etc.
Click image to enlarge

At the back is a large pull-out roller drawer which can house four ammo boxes or other equipment.
Click image to enlarge

Everything is designed to be easily accessible with no wasted space. In fact I have two empty ammo boxes in the rear drawer that are empty!
 D3 2005 HSE V8 model, snorkel, nudge bar, uprated tow hitch (12T), Goodyear Wrangler MTR (MT) tyres, National Luna battery box, Outback roof-rack, Takla seat covers.  
Post #4779018th Jun 2009 10:24 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Censored awesome Doc. Now if you could just pop over to the UK & do mine for me, that would be great!

Not envious at all, no really, that's what I must keep telling myself...... Mr. Green Mr. Green
 Bodsys Brake Bible

D4/D3 Remote FBH heat kits
BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush
Software updates/enabling

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #4779068th Jun 2009 10:28 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Doc

Thanks Bodsy. These trailers are made in Durban and can be shipped anywhere in the world. I think they are being exported to Oz soon. The complete trailer as you see it would cost about GBP7700 excluding shipping.
 D3 2005 HSE V8 model, snorkel, nudge bar, uprated tow hitch (12T), Goodyear Wrangler MTR (MT) tyres, National Luna battery box, Outback roof-rack, Takla seat covers.  
Post #4779228th Jun 2009 10:46 am
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Was thinking about £50 and a case of beer would do the trick......? Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

I'm gonna steal some ideas from that though, like the washing bowl stand hanging off the trailer & other little gems Thumbs Up
 Bodsys Brake Bible

D4/D3 Remote FBH heat kits
BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush
Software updates/enabling

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #4779258th Jun 2009 10:50 am
Doc

No can do Rolling with laughter
Post #4779278th Jun 2009 10:52 am
Doc

Hi Bodsy, if you need detailed photos of various bits and pieces then let me know.
Post #4779288th Jun 2009 10:54 am
tanters

Ireland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 5 Seat Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3
Re: New Trailer

Click image to enlarge

[/quote]

Shocked I aint showing my missus this ..... a clothes rack for camping !!!!!! its bad enough she brings her hair straightener with her Rolling Eyes

Seriously tho, nice trailer Doc, really nice 8)
 A happy childhood ... is the worst possible preparation for life.  
Post #4779298th Jun 2009 10:54 am
Doc

You have to keep the missus happy then maybe you get LUCKY Thumbs Up
Post #4779348th Jun 2009 11:00 am
tanters

Ireland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 5 Seat Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Shocked maybe Doc, just maybe Laughing Wink
 A happy childhood ... is the worst possible preparation for life.  
Post #4779598th Jun 2009 11:18 am
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

C3R12? Is that a spec for sheet metal of some kind?
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #4779638th Jun 2009 11:25 am
Doc

"3CR12 is a chromium containing corrosion resisting steel developed as an alternative material of construction where the mechanical properties, corrosion resistance and fabrication requirements of other materials such as mild steel, galvanised or aluminised steel, aluminium or pre-painted steels are unsuited"

Cheers, Doc
Post #4779818th Jun 2009 11:53 am
Baben

South Africa 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

That's a lovely trailer, Doc Thumbs Up - its almost as gorgeous as mine !

I wish you and your family many thousand happy kilometers with her

Post #4784479th Jun 2009 10:14 am
Doc

Thanks Baben. It sure beats the hell out of tenting when offroading and the bonus is that I sold my caravan that I didn't like Whistle
Post #4784549th Jun 2009 10:21 am
DiscoStu

England 

8) trailer Thumbs Up
 Disco 5 HSE Lux
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peyiqaJrmMU 

Post #4787489th Jun 2009 5:39 pm
Doc

Thanks DiscoStu. We are having fun with it Thumbs Up
Post #4788059th Jun 2009 6:37 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >