Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > In Car Electronics (D4)

No rear seat entertainment with sunroof possible?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
ilestlouis

Australia 
No rear seat entertainment with sunroof possible?

Just went to test drive and price an MY10 Disco 4 tdv6 3.0 HSE. We are current owners of a 08 Freelander 2 tdv4 SE with sunroof and love it - just too small now with 2 small children.

Absolutely loved the Disco 4 and are ready to order -- but am absolutely flabbergasted that the rear seat entertainment pack is NOT a possible option if a sunroof is installed (neither is Hybrid TV or - get this - the bi-xenon adaptive headlamps & corner lamps).

From a features perspective, I am a bit disappointed since the only real options we are looking for are the sunroof and RSE (and unfortunately, the electric adjustable seats which limit us to the HSE...don't know why the SE is so de-speced even compared to the F2).

FYI, given the limited stock coming to Australia, we are looking at cars that would be Dec or Jan builds.

As this seemed so bizarre, I wanted to see if anybody else had different information about the possibility of the combination of sunroof and factory-installed rear seat entertainment system?

Thanks

Post #5476918th Nov 2009 12:55 am
ilestlouis

Australia 
Additional info

I should add, I found this even more bizarre since the sunroof/ moonroof AND the RSE package are standard items on the V8 Petrol version, but not even possible (and yes, it is mentioned as not possible in the brochures as well) on the 3.0 Diesel.

Has anyone had any luck ordering the two combinations on the HSE diesel?

Post #5476998th Nov 2009 1:19 am
NeilD

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

From what I remember wasnt it the Diff Lock with Sunroof?
 My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/NeilDisco#p/u/5/Dz4-Q95GQ2c
Photo Sets http://www.flickr.com/photos/16658684@N08/sets/72157625275139752/ 

Post #5477008th Nov 2009 1:21 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Do a search it has been mentioned before. I think there was a way of ordering both from the factory. I think it had something to do with weight?
But from factory will take time.
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #5477028th Nov 2009 1:27 am
promitheus

Greece 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

During my investigation on this I was told that when you order the sunroof you may only get ONE of {rear diff, tv, rear air-con, RSE}. Big Cry That was for EU cars. I believe the same holds for AU.

Post #5479878th Nov 2009 10:00 pm
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Can any of them be fitted afterwards?
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #5481759th Nov 2009 12:49 am
ilestlouis

Australia 

Thanks to you all for the responses; unfortunately looks like the only option is to order the sunroof then fit an aftermarket RSE. I did a search on the diff lock piece; however from what I see, there is a difference between the EU cars and the AU versions (or it relates to timing), as there is no issue ordering diff lock with any of the other options - it is as I described earlier, just sunroof limiting RES, adaptive headlights, etc.. Also not a 'one with only one other'.

Also curious why the v8 petrol doesn't have the issue - unless it is weight and the v8 is significantly lighter than the diesel.

Am investigating factory order but right now answer is 'not possible'. Will keep pushing and update once I have more info.

Thanks to all so far for the info.

Post #5482019th Nov 2009 8:02 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >