Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

"Normal height only" intermittent suspension fault
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 4 <1234
Ncallan

Ireland 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 5 Seat Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

PROFSR G wrote:
To be honest it looks like more of a toy than a diagnostic tool. If you're going to run a D3/4 long term you will need something a bit more specialized. This is a good entry level tool https://www.island-4x4.co.uk/icarsoft-mult...35383.html

Alternatively, there is more invasive and capable tools such as GAP IID, Hawkeye, Lynx etc, all of which cost much more. If your experiencing suspension faults which seem to me influenced by weather/temperature/humidity its likely you need to replace the desiccant in the air dryer, as it eventually becomes clogged/exhausted and unable to extract the moisture from incoming air. It could also be many other things, so you will need decent diagnostics to get to the end of it. You pay's your money and takes your chances Smile

What do you think of this tool ProfsrG ?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/iCarsoft-i930-O...2633853133

Post #19977784th Nov 2018 2:44 pm
PROFSR G

Ukraine 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 Commercial XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Its a great little "starter" tool which will give a good description of faults and will read all the JLR modules. It will provide very good live values which is important when you want to see the actual component operation. However, it can't provide the user with the option of making adjustments such as resetting adaptations, adjusting suspension after component change, resetting service interval, and much much more!

Basically its a read only device, and if that's all you want to do then it's a good tool. If on the other hand you are going to be working on the vehicle yourself you WILL need something more sophisticated.

For my money that means GAP IID Bluetooth. The demo is here https://www.gap-diagnostic.com/support/medias/

The big differences are this tool will be all you will need to carry out any work which needs diagnostic evaluation and crucially any resetting or calibration afterwards. It will work from your iPhone, Android, or PC. Updates are free with the BT version and ownership is transferable if you move the car on. But by far the biggest persuader is the back up service which I can honestly say I have never seen the like of!

Yes the initial outlay is a lot more, but I think most people on this site will agree for the money this tool, with the back-up, and its capability its simply brilliant!

(I should apply for a job with them Laughing )
 yµ (idµ - eAµ) ψ=mψ

Post #19977914th Nov 2018 3:43 pm
Ncallan

€455 !!!!
FCensoredk that !!!!
I’m already hemorrhaging money as it is . Shocked
So if I fit a new compressor or air shocks am I going to have to get someone to recalibrate the suspension system ?

Post #19978074th Nov 2018 5:04 pm
Ncallan

“But by far the biggest persuader is the back up service which I can honestly say I have never seen the like of “
Please explain more , what kind of back up service exactly ?

Post #19978224th Nov 2018 5:51 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >