Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Photos, Videos & Media

Offroad Track at Trago Mills, Newton Abbot, Devon.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
mbf

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
Offroad Track at Trago Mills, Newton Abbot, Devon.

I finally managed to get the D3 offroad properly last Sunday. I had been trying to get on one of the LRE away days but the dates are all when i'm away. So after a bit of research on the interweb i found the offroad zone. This is a little place near Newton Abbot in Devon which has a 2 mile offroad (allegedly non damaging) track. There are also some much more technically demanding bits which are proper winching sections used for challenges.

SWMBO came along for the ride to play and did some video.

Offroad Zone is at www.offroadzone.co.uk/offroad.php. It's run by a nice chap called Keith and is usually open Sundays only. He was a bit surprised that I wanted to take and 08 plate Disco around. But kindly took us around in his lifted D2 to show us the track and point out the bits which were not allowed. One of which is a little puddle, but apparently 4 ft deep of really sticky mud.

All the bits of the video stiched together is at

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfirNd6yky8

It's good fun and all I did was get the car a little muddy, it did touch in a couple of places and it's quite tight between the trees, don't you just love powerfold mirrors.

Mark

Post #65967812th Jun 2010 10:45 am
Bill Wright

England 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Tech Auto Kaikoura StoneDiscovery 4

Mark

Looks good. Next time I'm down that way on a Suinday, I can drop SWMBO at Trago and have a bit of fun Thumbs Up

Bill Wright
 Never take life too seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

D4 SDV6 SE Tech Kaikoura Stone MY15. 

Post #65968812th Jun 2010 11:17 am
devonchilliman

England 

Great video Mark Thumbs Up

If you dont mind me asking,what did they charge you for this ?

Fancy a go myself Mr. Green

Devonchilliman

Post #65970612th Jun 2010 1:14 pm
NeilD

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Mark, heard its a bit of a car killer with some drop off's and no u turn places. Did you do the ringway?
 My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/NeilDisco#p/u/5/Dz4-Q95GQ2c
Photo Sets http://www.flickr.com/photos/16658684@N08/sets/72157625275139752/ 

Post #65970812th Jun 2010 1:31 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
mbf

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

devonchilliman it is a fiver a lap (course is approx 2 miles, and took me about 45 mins a lap) but you can arrange to have an afternoon or full day pass too. Afternoon is 15 notes, but i can't remember the full day rate. If you ring the number Keith is a nice guy, as is his wife who usually answers the phone. Unfortunately you will all have to wait until winter as he is closing after this weekend Rolling Eyes to do maintenance on the track. He says it has gotten quite cut up this year. So it may be a little easier than when I did it.

Neil, it is quite tight, and there are very few places to u turn. But there are a couple of places where you can cut out and go back to the car park. Thumbs Up You just need to get permission to drive through, as some of the park is shared with the paintball guys. Whistle

I scraped a little under the left sill on the metal plates under the car, and the exhaust shield things which stick down. Whistle But i was quite careful as it's the first offroad i've done in my car. I definately think it is viable for a couple of laps for fun. But the trees are quite tight. keith was a bit gobsmacked that i wanted to take a newish car around. The dropoffs are not too bad on the standard track. But there are a few monsters further around which might break something quite seriously. Twisted Evil However, you do not have to do them, there is a way around. Also they have some quite deep, and very twisty sections for the challenge vehicles. We were advised not to go in those as we were pretty much guaranteed to break something or get stuck. They mostly need a winch(or three) and very short wheelbase. Twisted Evil

Post #65979712th Jun 2010 8:04 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >