Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Technical (D3)

Omg, suspensionthis time....
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Toby dozer

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Metropolis LE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
Omg, suspensionthis time....

Right, I have an issue with the suspension. The compressor works, ish... but not when you pull the toggle.... on the dash, it comes up with suspension fault, orange, then sometimes goes red, when driving, then wego all bumpy down the road for a little while, then it corrects itself, then stays on the orange light, I'm a little perplexed now, coz it now kicks out the height toggle and now special programs, what could it be??? Maybe just a height adjuster? Could someone help please?????

Post #233753223rd May 2023 9:32 pm
gstuart

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Hi

In situations like these getting the fault codes and live data is the best place to start

Post #233756424th May 2023 9:04 am
Toby dozer

Right, I got the magic machine on it, and it came up with rear left height sensor, ordered a pair, fitted them, and no difference, the only thing I would say, is the new sensors only have 3 electrical connectors, where the old ones had 5??? Don't understand.... the fault that comes up now, is compressor circuit, what's now my next port of call, before I burn it, and go tothedark side...?

Post #233776425th May 2023 6:47 pm
protohyp

United States 2007 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Java BlackLR3

sounds like electric issue. unfortunately that can be anywhere along the system from water corrosion to rats chewing at wires.

I would check that all harnesses are properly seated together at the valve blocks, compressor etc. Check that the compressor relay is functioning properly. These are somewhat easy to get to if you have your fender liners off. If not it sucks taking them off.

Good luck. Let us know how you solve it.

Post #233806130th May 2023 12:34 am
protohyp

also you need the correct height sensors with however many leads you had originally. Thats important. Once those are installed do the proper calibration on it

Post #233806230th May 2023 12:35 am
Toby dozer

Right, I have just replaced both rear height sensors, and both front air bags, it keeps wanting to go into extended height mode, and when keeps doing so, when you select normal height, and when you eventually get into go down, it only goes to access height on the front???? I'm a little stumped, the codes thar are coming up now, are as follows.... uo416,b1b46, b1a74, 2x uo132, b1a04, uo164, uo400, could someone, able to shed a bit of light on my suspension issue 🙏

Post #23382971st Jun 2023 6:10 pm
protohyp

this will most likely be 100% cause by mis calibration or no calibration at all if you haven't calibrated the height sensors after replacing them. They need to be zero'd out and set to dead center in standard height.

In the simplest terms -1, 0 and +1. If the rear sensors are currently calibrated to -1 it will seek out 0 and try to raise itself. It also has to cross talk with the front sensors to balance everything which since you didnt replace them are in theory properly calibrated.

Right now it doesn't know what to do because as mentioned it sounds like its not properly calibrated.

It is also VERY possible that you may have mistakenly installed front height sensors as well. If you removed the Johnson rods it is also possible they are mixed and matched improperly sending the sensors all kinds of wrong signals.

If you have center nav go to the 4x4 info page. you will most likely see red blinking lights next to the tires

So short question is did you calibrate?

Post #23383011st Jun 2023 6:31 pm
Toby dozer

I haven't got it calibrated yet, was checking through here before it was something I can do, but I've just found my I carsoft don't do that sort of thing, is it something for my local garage can do, or is it off to the stealerships?

Post #23383021st Jun 2023 6:37 pm
protohyp

get the GAP tool and never go to stealership or shop again. well at least you'll be able to go there with knowledge of what the issues are.

GAP IID tool is a MUST for Land Rover owners. yes you can calibrate. you can set all your ride heights with different memories and adjust them accordingly and yes absolutely you can calibrate the height sensors.

aside from that the GAP will also help you with so many other issues with the LR such as parking brake, transmission errors and transfer case issues.

There are many videos on height calibration on YouTube. most importantly to get it right is proper psi on tires and as close to level ground as you can get.

Otherwise expect stealership to tell you you need the equivalent of no less than 2500.00USD to replace the whole entire system because they have no idea of what you changed or what is working and they wouldn't actually be far from correct.

Post #23383031st Jun 2023 6:44 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >