Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

ONE MORE CHANCE!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
zebadee

Ireland 

I found the Pathfinder to be a horrible car, the Disco 3 is in a totally different league than the Nissan & in my view couldn’t be considered together for purchase at all.

I found the Nissan to be very tinny, like driving a car made of tin foil. I couldn’t believe the tinny “twang” sound when you closed the door, just awful. Nothing like the good solid clunk you get with the D3.

I thought the Pathfinder to be very light on the road & frankly all over the place. I would hate to have to drive it in wet conditions as I’d say it could be a handful. A big contributing factor to it’s “unease” on the road I think, is that it’s only rear wheel drive, unless you selected 4WD. Our gateway here at home is surfaced with gravel & when I was testing the Pathfinder, I pulled out a little smartish & the Nissan just sat there spinning it’s rear wheels !! I had to back off the throttle & ease it onto the tarmac to give it traction.

Over the years I’ve pulled out of our gate in all sorts of vehicles, from 4x4’s to cars, some high performance others not so & I never got such an awful reaction as I did with the Nissan.

I found it to be a truly horrible car, I was quite surprised really, as I too liked the look of the Pathfinder, but the reality is terrible.

Disco 3 vs. Pathfinder……..no contest……..the Discovery is a real car, the Pathfinder is a toy !

Post #7167920th Jul 2006 9:13 am
LHD

Switzerland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Nissan Navara with a few deckchairs on the flatbed? Plus point is that you also have people to watch and secure your luggage whilst stationary Wink
 Discovery 3 Manual as PDF | Blackvue 500 | BAS Remap | Mates did South America in a Landie

Post #7170820th Jul 2006 11:04 am
BarryG

Ireland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3

Hi Zebadee.

Dont get me wrong, the D3 is bar far a better machine, Before I got the
D3 I had a Nissan Navara (if you ever want to go Drifting in a jeep , get one of these..)

When I did decide to change I had a look at the new path finder,being a Nissan driver and already driving a nissan (and happy enough with it) it was a natural choice.

I did'nt find it as bad as you did , but perhaps I was compairing it to the Navara more.

I wouldnt go as far as to call it "horrible" , but your correct in saying "a different league"

If you were to ask me the same question , if I couldnt have a D3 and had to chose someting else (landcruiser , Pathfinder ,ML) I would still pick the Pathfinder.

But the good news is that I got the D3 Very Happy

B.

Post #7171020th Jul 2006 11:10 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
zebadee

Ireland 

BarryG wrote:
Hi Zebadee.

Dont get me wrong, the D3 is bar far a better machine, Before I got the
D3 I had a Nissan Navara (if you ever want to go Drifting in a jeep , get one of these..)

Drifting in a jeep………..I love it…..what a concept ! Laughing

BarryG wrote:
When I did decide to change I had a look at the new path finder,being a Nissan driver and already driving a nissan (and happy enough with it) it was a natural choice.

I didn’tt find it as bad as you did , but perhaps I was compairing it to the Navara more.

I wouldn’t go as far as to call it "horrible" , but your correct in saying "a different league"

I don’t know I was just so disappointed with the Pathfinder I drove. It was a demo model a friend of mine had out for the weekend. So I took it for a drive around where I live. I was just left with a feeling of it being a horrible car to drive. I found it to be very light on the road, almost twitchy in it’s handling. I just didn’t feel planted or secure on the road. I thought it quite a handful to be honest.

It’s a pity as I always quite liked the look of the Pathfinder, but was left to wonder what some of the other “asian” 4x4’s are like, as I quite like the look of the Kia Sportage too.

But I do think that the D3’s, RRS’s & FFRR’s are just out in a league of their own & certainly can not be compared to the likes of the Pathfinder, Sportage, Tucson etc.

Different market anyway really.

Now the new Freelander…..that’s going to be a different story altogether. It will have it all to do. It’s really going to have to be super reliable to shake off the dubious reputation the current model has. If I were in the market that the Freelander is in currently, I’d be hard pressed to buy the “Freddy”, swaying more to the Sportage or the like.

So here’s hoping the Freelander 2 will do the business.

Post #7173520th Jul 2006 12:49 pm
oaktree

Scotland 

k1w1 - you may be surprised to find it on here, but you are not alone. Crying or Very sad I sold my D3 back to the dealer on Wednesday - I'd simply had enough of the unreliability and having to pray that it would actually get me where I was going. This after a so-called update and a fuel tank recall.

What did I get instead? An Audi Allroad. I simply don't do enough off-road any more to justify a full size 4x4. Embarassed

Be brave - if it isn't working, get rid.

oaktree
 Ex Java Black, Aplaca D3 V8SE 54 plate with front lamps, roof rails and rubber interior.
Ex RRC V8 Vogue 

Post #7202321st Jul 2006 12:28 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >