Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

Oops a daisy, this is just plane wrong!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Looks like someone jumped out of it! Yes they have park brakes.

I’m speculating but it was in storage there, possibly lost hydraulic pressure whilst parked, mechanics removed the chicks and off it went!

Post #215538320th Jun 2020 8:18 am
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

Gareth wrote:
mechanics removed the chicks and off it went!

It was a party plane? Shocked Laughing

Post #215538420th Jun 2020 8:18 am
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

🤣 Chocks

Post #215538520th Jun 2020 8:22 am
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

Snigger

Post #215538720th Jun 2020 8:23 am
HWN

Wales 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 4

Gareth wrote:
Looks like someone jumped out of it! Yes they have park brakes.

I’m speculating but it was in storage there, possibly lost hydraulic pressure whilst parked, mechanics removed the chocks and off it went!

Poor communications between flight-deck and ground crew then. A definite 'Oh Censored' moment. Mind you, I once emptied 9 t of fuel from one wing of an A340 into the other without thinking/checking. The inboard engine of the heavier wing had dropped to within 3 cm of the roof of a van. Embarassed

2015 Volvo V40
2014 D4 HSE
2006 RRS - C'est mort. Fin...  ...It's alive!  Oh no, it's not - scrapped.
2019 Suzuki Kingquad 400
2017 RamRod Taskmaster 1150
1977 John Deere 2130

Post #215538920th Jun 2020 8:30 am
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

You’ve got me thinking now, of all the mishaps I witnessed at Woodford and other sites in my aircraft days!

I remember a Nimrod in finals after major service, full of fuel in the hanger. Someone was working in the wing root and obviously unscrewed the wrong nut. 100’s of gallons on the floor before the valves could be closed. Major evacuation of the hangar and a massive cleanup!

The worst ones were the cleanups after major hydraulic leaks, especially in the Buccaneer, because everything was so inaccessible, and they did leak quite often.

I remember one lucky chap survived the inadvertent unlatching of the nose radome on a Bucc, when it was still pressurised, it blew off and swung round, smashing into the side of the aircraft, luckily the side neither he or anyone else was stood on.

Sadly saw an ejector seat go off in the hangar, leave through the roof, and re enter through the roof about 100 yards away, onto the wing of an ATP under construction. Unfortunately one fatality, the unlucky chap who was guiding the crane to remove it. ☹️

Post #215539820th Jun 2020 8:54 am
HWN

Wales 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 4

An ex-colleague of mine disconnected the connection to the top-deck toilet on a 747 and forgot to put it back. When the toilet system was filled, the area above the lockers partially filled with blue water. When the aircraft braked during taxiing it rushed forward and flooded Debbie Harry.

I once undid a water drain fitting, which failed open until I could do it up again. Very cold fuel ran down my arm and trousers, filling my shoes. When I went to fly home, the flight was delayed because of the smell of fuel in the cabin Embarassed Embarassed .

My Censored of a boss once removed the 'do not use' tag and pressed the fuel FWD XFR switch. Fuel started flooding into the centre fuel tank where two mechanics were working. They (and many others) went Censored Censored . Twisted Evil

All good fun...

2015 Volvo V40
2014 D4 HSE
2006 RRS - C'est mort. Fin...  ...It's alive!  Oh no, it's not - scrapped.
2019 Suzuki Kingquad 400
2017 RamRod Taskmaster 1150
1977 John Deere 2130

Post #215540220th Jun 2020 9:22 am
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Toilets. Job from hell was stripping out the toilet system prior to major service. 🤢 🤮 Always the apprentice’ job!

Post #215540920th Jun 2020 10:03 am
Flack

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

I was servicing Tornado ADV one night, and next to me was a Tornado GR1 being serviced as well, there was a new inspector in the cockpit doing the electrical check of all the switches. Parked directly behind was another GR1 with the canopy and windscreen removed.

The new inspector decided to test the fuel dump switch out on a live aircraft, he was oblivious to all our shouting because he had a headset on and was listening to the local radio station, he was filling the cockpit of the jet behind full of fuel as the Tornado dumps its fuel out of near the top of the Fin.

He got moved the next morning to work on wiring looms lol..

We used to have a passenger jet come and go everyday to Farnbrough, I was fueling a jet on the flight line and was just watching the guy come with the Censored sucker wagon, he went to connect up the pipe to empty the toilet when he messed it up and the valve stuck open covering him and the floor in smelly liquid Censored .. lol

Flack Thumbs Up

Post #215549720th Jun 2020 3:42 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Laughing

Shouldn’t laugh! But can’t resist.

Post #215550520th Jun 2020 4:19 pm
gstuart

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Not on a plane but working on site at bromley court hotel many moons ago when I was an apprentice ,, was installing multiple boilers and doing some drains , we had a new supervisor who thought he was god and knew everything

Whilst on site The sewer system had blocked up to the 2nd floor , he decided to get a ladder to reach an inspection cover on the 1st floor soil stack, everyone kept quiet as we knew it was backed up to the 2nd floor , was an amazing sight as he slowly unbolted the inspection cover

Was like slow motion as the cover came open and for him to be violently ejected off the ladder as Censored hit him like a fountain , he ended up on the grass covered in everything u could imagine Rolling with laughter

I couldn’t work for hours as I carried on crying with laughter , that was over 30 x years ago and remember it like yesterday

We never saw him again

Post #215553320th Jun 2020 6:33 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >