Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Webasto Fuel Burning Heater

Parking Heater start count
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Prette

Location: Previously Stoke-ST4 (pre-pandemic), Mostly The Hague (NL) partially Lyngby (DK) certainly somewhere

2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Lux Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 3
Parking Heater start count

Hello everyone,

I have two questions that are puzzling me. (As you know, I tend to write a lot, if you are interested in the question only, just look for the bold letter. Laughing )

First is: My FBH is working (reasonably) well. As I mentioned in some posts before. But what intrigues me is that on my diagnostic tool it says that my FBH ran 3 times as parking heater. However, there is NO 1553 nor anything to activate Webasto as parking heater. As far as I known, pin 2 (red wire) is not even there. So.... the question is...
HOW has my FBH started as parking heater without any external tool?
Complementary info:
Start Count = 22460 (last week anyway) Whistle
Parking heater start count = 3 Question
Supplementary heater start count = 2929 (good number tho) Laughing Whistle

Second question:
Where can I find the meaning for "Operating state" ???
I have seeing so far and barely remember the actual status:
4 (when it is above 6dC) ?
26 (when it is active I think) ?
6 (just before the glow plug turn off) ?
17 ???
40 (cooling down) ???

Click image to enlarge

These states change according to what FBH is doing. I kinda looked everywhere I could (webasto, google, here, other disco forum, duckduckgo Whistle ) but found nothing on that.

Not really an issue, more like curiosity and will to understand more to do more.

Cheers,
Andy

Post #219429216th Dec 2020 6:11 pm
matgriff

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Hi, did you find any information on the operating state ? I was troubleshooting my FBH on my D3 and I could see that it changes the state as it goes through the start cycle etc, but just wondering what the actual state should be when it's running correctly.

Thanks
 2005 TDV6 SE Auto
Cairns Blue 

Post #22001738th Jan 2021 4:56 pm
Prette

Location: Previously Stoke-ST4 (pre-pandemic), Mostly The Hague (NL) partially Lyngby (DK) certainly somewhere

Hi

Unfortunately, I could not find the exact meaning of all the states.

Here you can find the list of what i found https://disco3.co.uk/forum/post2197178.html#2197178

As far as I can tell, Operating state 7 and 6 are normal running. (not sure the difference between them)

What I do is: I turn the live date for Fuel pump, fan voltage, glow plug and operation state,

Then I follow the ups and down for the fan, whenever the Fuel pump in ON the FBH is working.

Is your FBH working? What is the problem?

Post #22001868th Jan 2021 5:15 pm
matgriff

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

I noticed my FBH wasn't working yesterday, so I plugged in my GAP IID and low and behold it was locked out due to failure to start, so I reset that and it seemed to start, it was -3 outside temp.

I tried it again today and it seemed to be OK, I tried the trick of blowing air into the air intake as it's starting. It ran for about 15mins and there was no smoke, and the exhaust got red hot, so I presume all is well ? I will strip it and re-build in the spring, just need it to work now Smile

I was looking at the status and could see the numbers changing state.

I found here https://github.com/H4jen/webasto/blob/master/webasto_wbus.txt

Some info from a Webasto W bus protocol sniffer for a Thermo Top V, if you scroll down to line starting 227 (byte 07) you can see the operating state codes in Hex, I presume the last two bits in the word are what the IID tool displays in the status ?

EG your shown operating state of 40 = 0x40=flame stabilization

I think mine settled at status 06 when it was running, so that would be "combustion process full load" which I assume to be correct when it's running flat out ?

Hope this helps.

Mat
 2005 TDV6 SE Auto
Cairns Blue 

Post #22002128th Jan 2021 5:45 pm
Prette

Excellent find Mat, Thank a lot.

I will also clean mine in the spring/summer. So far, every other week I need to do the blow trick. but so far so good. It never locked itself.

Today it failed to start automatically. So, I turned the heating off, and ON again watching the status of the fuel pump. Every time the pump goes off , I switch the heating off, wait the FBH to cool and switch on again, I do that until FBH turns ON continuously. This way I avoid the common error of "no start, even after restart".

I will make a video later with the full operating state process.

Post #22002208th Jan 2021 5:57 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >