Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

Parking Sensors need to be manually swicted on!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
David911

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3
Parking Sensors need to be manually swicted on!

I took delivery of a new D3 at the end of April. Both front and rear parking sensors came on automatically. In the end LR replaced it for a new one due to paint defects. The new car arrived on 1st Sept. On the 2nd Sept I returned the car as neither the Turbo or front parking sensors were working. The front parking sensors did work if you swiched them on manually!

The dealer finally discovered that LR have made changes to the parking sensor set up on the latest D3. You now have to switch the front sensors on manually. If you select reverse both the rear and front sensors come on automatically, the front swtich off after you reach 6mph. This is fine if you are reversing into a parking space however, it does not help if you driving forwards through a tight space.

Does anyone know if the software can be changed back to the old settings? as I am expecting my wife to walk through the door any day to say she has scraped the front on the gate poat! Mad
 LR Discovery 3 2.7TD HSE
Bonnatti Grey with Ebony Leather
Delivery 28 April 2006 

Post #8553514th Sep 2006 12:10 pm
Pelyma

England 

I don't have to turn mine on and I have had an 05 and 06, they work the same.
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #8553714th Sep 2006 12:14 pm
DiscoStu

England 

Technical Service Bulletin
No.LA413-003

19 July 2006

Vehicles with front parking aids Vin range: 5A000259-6A394387

A customer may report a concern that the front parking aid system sounds unnecessarily.

Cause: The current system strategy means that the front parking sensors will operate when a forward gear is selected following reverse. Sensor operation is canceled when the vehicle speed is above 10mph (16kph) but will operate again if the speed drops below 10mph (16kph). This can give instances of sensor warnings when the vehicle stops at a junction and another vehicle or pedestrian passes in front of the vehicle, resulting in the above complaint. This is not a fault with the parking system, however, an alternative system strategy is available so that the system operation is canceled when the vehicle speed is above 10mph (16kph) and will not operate again until the vehicle speed is below 10mph (16kph) and the fascia front parking aid switch is selected (or until a forward gear is selected following reverse gear selection during parking).
Action: On a customer concern basis only regarding the above, refer to the Service Procedure detailed in this bulletin to renew the parking aid system control module. The new system operation must be explained to the customer.

NOTE: The new software strategy is contained within the new control modules below and is installed to vehicles from the closing VIN above.
 Disco 5 HSE Lux
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peyiqaJrmMU 

Post #8554014th Sep 2006 12:23 pm
David911

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Thanks Stu, do you know if this means that the sensor ECU can be reverted back to the previous settings? My dealer says not!
 LR Discovery 3 2.7TD HSE
Bonnatti Grey with Ebony Leather
Delivery 28 April 2006 

Post #8554814th Sep 2006 12:42 pm
TravisTX

United States 2006 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyLR3

The above TSB continues on to specify that the parking aid control module (P/N YWC500550) is to be replaced. So, I would think that in order to get the previous behavior, that the control module would need to be swapped for an earlier revision -- VIN 6A394387 or earlier.

Post #8557414th Sep 2006 4:02 pm
DiscoStu

England 

Wink Yep, that'd do it. I'll check the rest of the TSB again tomorrow in case any other software was modified, but I think this is a straight module change. Of course, they'd have to find one - unless you can find someone to swap with......
 Disco 5 HSE Lux
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peyiqaJrmMU 

Post #8559614th Sep 2006 5:27 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >