Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > In Car Electronics (D3)

parrot mki9200 unika module advice?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
andy.p

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3
parrot mki9200 unika module advice?

I have just got the parrot mki9200 bluetooth kit and the CT10LR02 bluetooth parrot SOT harness iso loom lead for my D3 se with HK logic7 but not fitted with bluetooth, I have retro fitted the phone buttons on the steering wheel which light up and tell me no phone fitted as expected, My question is If I get the parrot unika kit too will it work as the car did not have the phone buttons in the first place but do seem to do things when pressed? Any advice welcome thanks in advance.

Replaced the switch packs on wheel and also the button loom and clock spring to sort out the cruise control not working and got the phone buttons as a bonus and I hope the unika modle will allow me the use of the buttons.

Post #211708730th Jan 2020 5:24 pm
Pete K

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 3

steering wheel controls and phone button only work with LR and LR aftermarket kits. hence "no phone displayed"

Does the bluetooth work ok otherwise?
somes you need to run a wire to the rear of cigar lighter

Post #211711730th Jan 2020 6:49 pm
andy.p

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Thanks for the reply, the car has no LR bluetooth fitted, I haveto fit the Parrot mki9200 bluetooth kit with the extra harness to plug into the headunit so as to utalise the speakers for the sound from the parrot kit, but parrot sell an add on module which fits onto the bluetooth module which then allows you to use the steering wheel controls as if the car had bluetooth from the start. the extra module is called UNIKA and requires pluging into the parrot module and then wired into the car loom connecting to the steering wheel controls so I asume it will work like a factory fit bluetooth kit. I just wanted to know if anyone has done the whole parrot kit with retro fitted phone buttons using the UNIKA module be for I buy one as its about £70 and dont want to get one if its not going to work. the rest of the Parrot kit works fine.

Post #211713330th Jan 2020 7:23 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >