Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Technical (D3)

Passenger footwell wet
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
gstuart

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Apologsies for a really daft question please , has anyone had issues with the external door glass trims for the ingress of water plse

Plus don’t remember seeing plastic sheeting behind any off the door panels

Many thks Thumbs Up

Post #224337925th Jul 2021 2:47 pm
Pete K

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 3

Don’t rule out cutting the carpet. Much easier to get a soaked carpet out.

GS. I don’t think ppl have had problems with the glass seals.
The inside panel is mostly metal.

Post #224343625th Jul 2021 7:06 pm
gstuart

at the moment have the footwell carpet propped up , raised the loom out of the sill and any water is draining out of those holes I drilled

When I first had mine it was wet on the drivers side, found the door loom connector wasn’t fitted properly

Thks Pete , just with previous motors I’ve has a plastic sheet taped to the inside of the door and hadn’t noticed any on this disco , fingers crossed the weather will improve so I can at least sort that pollen filter cover out

Post #224343725th Jul 2021 7:26 pm
Globetrotter448

Australia 2007 Discovery 3 4.0 V6 Petrol SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

The leak on the roof is from spot welds near the windscreen and under the roof rail rubber. I could not find the link on this site where the problem occurred

Post #224348426th Jul 2021 12:36 am
Globetrotter448

Australia 2007 Discovery 3 4.0 V6 Petrol SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

The rubber is not glued on it is held by "alligator" strip inside the rubber. Just make sure the join position is middle of the bottom of the door opening

Post #224348526th Jul 2021 12:39 am
eightfoot

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

cant you remove the pass seat and get some one with a hose/jet wash to give it a soaking whilst sitting inside the car ?
remove the inside screen trim and the panel under the glove box and let the glovebox hang down by pressing the hinge sliders in then just sit and wait with a torch it will only be a matter of time before it leaks

my moneys on the heater air intake or the ecu's under the battery or poss bad screen seal,def dont think you need to be worried about the door rubber split
 please excuse any grammer/punctuation mistakes,i'm thick,thankyou
current vehicles 2005 d3 2013 d4 

Post #224350926th Jul 2021 9:12 am
gstuart

Globetrotter448 wrote:
The leak on the roof is from spot welds near the windscreen and under the roof rail rubber. I could not find the link on this site where the problem occurred

Many thks and indeed wondered if it was getting past a panel , awesome ref the door seal, looked at it as it’s degrading as well up the A pillar , black is coming off it

Appreciate the pointers

Post #224356226th Jul 2021 2:15 pm
gstuart

eightfoot wrote:
cant you remove the pass seat and get some one with a hose/jet wash to give it a soaking whilst sitting inside the car ?
remove the inside screen trim and the panel under the glove box and let the glovebox hang down by pressing the hinge sliders in then just sit and wait with a torch it will only be a matter of time before it leaks

my moneys on the heater air intake or the ecu's under the battery or poss bad screen seal,def dont think you need to be worried about the door rubber split

Think ur right as I think it’s coming in from a few spots , as u and others said ref the pollen filter intake along with some of the spot welds, / roof corner section

Door rubber I’ll replace as ive also noticed the black is coming off it

Good call as wondered that about removing trim etc, also can’t secure the hose as there’s knowone around at the moment

That smoke machine is coming next week so at least I can give that a try until my neighbour comes back , plus at least using that machine can use it on my own

I’ll also be able to test all the door seals , windscreen etc thinking with regards to getting the smoke in the cabin is using the bulkhead grommet where wires go through it by the servo , plus with the bonnet up I’ll see how good the bulkhead grommets are

Have also been looking at the long roof rails and trims, shame really getting new trim then having to cut them up

Thks again and will of course update the tread, hopefully smoke doesn’t start pouring out like a colander Laughing

Post #224356726th Jul 2021 2:24 pm
Discomadness

Wales 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Hello stranger. How are you keeping ? I haven’t been on here in a long time. New job, house move and twins have been eating all my time. Hope your keeping well. How is your back these days ?

Reference the leak you have. I’m having a similar issue. I’ve ruled out the sunroof, checked and cleared the drain holes and then taped the sunroof up with water proof tape. Still getting a damp patch at the top of the inner a post trim/roof lining. I believe the seam is letting water in under the roof trim. Any idea how it comes off ? Thumbs Up
 Jarrod

Current : D3 2007 HSE - AKA the lemon
-beanie grille
-detango with led bulbs
-club body off rebuild. TWICE. 

Post #22445551st Aug 2021 5:31 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
gstuart

Hi buddy

Funny enough was going to send u a message to see how u was doing , great to hear from u Bow down

Massive congrats on the new house and the twins Thumbs Up

I would lift the roof rail panels up and also check around the corner of the windscreen at the top , worse scenario I suppose would be having to remove the headliner if ur unable to actually see where it’s coming in from, as wouldn’t wish to put a hosepipe on it if u can’t see where it’s coming in from along with possibly making ur headliner even wetter

At least if u do have to do that with ur headliner u can lower it to sit on top of ur headrests , just need a couple of people to help so it’s lowered evenly without twisting it

For me I’ve got hold of a EVAP fog tester so once the weather is better going to use that , plus as they look worn out I’ve ordered 2 x new windscreen external A pillar panels, clips, both inner and outer passenger door seals , 4 x new outside door glass seals

The places I’ll concentrate on following fantastic help as always are - , at the top seams of the windscreen, under the roof rail covers , fitting a shield partially over the pollen filter , apply some silicone under the A pillar clips that are attached to the body

But first I’ll remove the A pillar panels , scuttle panel, then put this EVAP fogger in the disco to see how good every seal / etc are on the entire body shell , including the bulkhead as determined to get to the bottom of why the passenger side floor keeps getting wet

As always hope the above might help u mate , oh and the internal A pillar trims are just held in with a single Torx bolt under the airbag cover

Hope the family is keeping safe and well , awesome to hear from u buddy

Post #22445751st Aug 2021 7:10 pm
CongoBoy

Zimbabwe 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Hi Mr. G,
Any updates on this?
Mine has done exactly the same after the heavy rains last week!!
I've resealed the outside A-pillar cover but have no clue how it's getting in!!
 2008 D3 HSE Stornoway Grey (UK)
2008 D3 HSE Izmir Blue- South African Spec. (Zimbabwe)
2005 FFRR SC V8- Java Black
1995 D1 300 Tdi Blue - (Sourced from the UK, shipped to Namibia, driven by me to RD Congo, then Zambia, now retired in Zimbabwe) 

Post #22457068th Aug 2021 11:23 am
Discomadness

gstuart wrote:
Hi buddy

Funny enough was going to send u a message to see how u was doing , great to hear from u Bow down

Massive congrats on the new house and the twins Thumbs Up

I would lift the roof rail panels up and also check around the corner of the windscreen at the top , worse scenario I suppose would be having to remove the headliner if ur unable to actually see where it’s coming in from, as wouldn’t wish to put a hosepipe on it if u can’t see where it’s coming in from along with possibly making ur headliner even wetter

At least if u do have to do that with ur headliner u can lower it to sit on top of ur headrests , just need a couple of people to help so it’s lowered evenly without twisting it

For me I’ve got hold of a EVAP fog tester so once the weather is better going to use that , plus as they look worn out I’ve ordered 2 x new windscreen external A pillar panels, clips, both inner and outer passenger door seals , 4 x new outside door glass seals

The places I’ll concentrate on following fantastic help as always are - , at the top seams of the windscreen, under the roof rail covers , fitting a shield partially over the pollen filter , apply some silicone under the A pillar clips that are attached to the body

But first I’ll remove the A pillar panels , scuttle panel, then put this EVAP fogger in the disco to see how good every seal / etc are on the entire body shell , including the bulkhead as determined to get to the bottom of why the passenger side floor keeps getting wet

As always hope the above might help u mate , oh and the internal A pillar trims are just held in with a single Torx bolt under the airbag cover

Hope the family is keeping safe and well , awesome to hear from u buddy

Hiya budd, Thankyou !
Yes it’s been a crazy year or more. Lots happened. Things are settling down now although the new job takes me all over the south, mainly London and Kent.

I managed to pry the cover off and noticed several suspect areas. On recommendation I bought a bottle of capt. tolleys instinct crack repair fix. Basically it’s a thin sealant that works by capillary action to be drawn into a crack and then seals it off. Usually used in the marine industry and we’ve had a lot of success with it in the commercial pool sector. After cleaning the area up I applied the stuff and you can see it being drawn in. After 2 or 3 applications it stopped being drawn in so I assume it’s now sealed. Fingers crossed. I’ll leave it a day or two and check under the corner of the headliner to see if it’s done the job.

I also pried off the a pillar trim and found the top cross shaped locating lug broken off so I have sealed that hole up also for now and will get a new trim.

I’m still plagued with injector issues which I’ve managed to peg down to what the iid calls injector 2. I’m not sure which exact location of injector this is but I’ve got a set of good known injectors and a full engine harness coming from dean smithson @ Oxford4x4 breakers. I can’t recommend dean enough.

Hopefully I can get on with this poor neglected car for once now.

Jarrod

-beanie grille
-detango with led bulbs

Post #22457618th Aug 2021 7:08 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Wigham

France 
Water in footwell

Mine was from the air con drain pipe which was blocked. There’s a very good video on the Tube by an American chap. Very easy fix, i just blew down the tube to clear the blockage. Took weeks to dry out the sponge backed carpet!

Post #224618212th Aug 2021 8:06 am
Discomadness

I can now confirm the captain tolleys has worked as advertised. I no longer have any water coming in. Thumbs Up
 Jarrod

-beanie grille
-detango with led bulbs

Post #224659414th Aug 2021 9:09 pm
canadrien

United States 2011 LR4 5.0 V8 HSE Lux Auto Fuji WhiteLR4
Typically the cabin air intake

To test if its the cabin air intake, I open the door, remove glove box, and then turn on blower/AC for the first time of the day after rain. This opens the plenum door. If you then see drops of water anywhere, it's definitely the cabin air intake hole.

I designed and 3D printed a fix for this (only have to remove lower windshield cowl).

Once I refine the design I'm happy to post it publicly here for free (I hope this is within the rules, I'm pretty new here)

You can also fashion a metal plate to cover the lower corner of the hole (you'll see where it protrudes past the cover of the windshield).

Cheers.

Post #226408426th Nov 2021 2:50 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >