DISCO4.COM > IIDTool Help

PCM "Battery Voltage" and DC/DC Converter live values
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
aaronjb

United Kingdom 
PCM "Battery Voltage" and DC/DC Converter live values

Hi all,

I'm an imposter RRS owner but I'm hoping one of you may be able to help as I've struck out on my native forum Smile

I'm chasing a CANBUS problem on my 2010 TDV8 RRS and I noticed something odd in the live values of the PCM in IIDTool, but I don't have a good car to compare to.. I'm betting that the diesel D3/4 PCM will be similar enough that you can help!

Basically, with 12v in the battery, "Battery voltage" is 5v and the DC/DC converter is 7v.. what's yours?

Here's a screenshot - yes, the battery was low (see 11.7v reported at the ignition key) but a brand new battery and jumper cables to a running car made no difference..

Click image to enlarge

(That's with the old battery but aside from the "Voltage ignition key on" number going up to 12.6V with the new battery, nothing changed)

Anyway, again, can anyone with IIDTool (and ideally a TDV8) tell me what the PCCM "battery voltage" reports in the live data? I assumed it would be, well, battery voltage, but mine shows ~5V (while all the other modules report a Control Module Voltage of ~12V) and that seems all kinds of wrong - but it's impossible to google "PCM battery voltage" because all the hits are just about .. the battery voltage Laughing

Thanks!

Post #225837523rd Oct 2021 10:31 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >