Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Technical (D4)

PDC - but not the usual...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
a11geo

Wales 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Marmaris TealDiscovery 4
PDC - but not the usual...

Having been a disco driver for about the last decade I've got used to intermittent service from the park distance control and generally consigned it to being a bit of a first world problem, but the long beep on every start up is starting to drive me nuts and is a constant reminder of my inability to fix the problem Evil or Very Mad

I'm getting faults B1B57-11 and B1B58-11 indicating a "general electrical failure - circuit short to ground" on both the front a rear circuits. I get a 2ish second tone from the front pdc speaker accompanied by the dash switch light blinking on each start up. I pretty sure I have eliminated the possibility of the problem being with a sensor or the cabling in the front or rear bumper by both inspecting the cabling and sequentially swapping the sensors for a new replacement unit. I have also tried disconnecting the cables from behind the front light and rear lights. With both the front and rear jumper looms disconnected I still get the above fault codes (with the addition of 8 more codes telling me it cant find the sensors). I have tried substituting the ECU with another with no change in result.

Any thoughts on what to check next? I currently have the rear trim off (again) and am trying to check through the cabling for anything obvious. Suspect I'm wasting my time without some good advice on what to look for or where to check Wink
 MY12 D4 HSE Marmaris Teal
MY08 D3 XS Java Black - gone
MY03 D2 ES Zambesi Silver - gone 

Post #16496673rd May 2016 12:45 pm
a11geo

I did some checking with the multi meter earlier and found that if I remove the larger plug from the top of the ECU (I assume this is the one that connects to the rear speaker, front dash switch power ect) the following wires have continuity to earth:

Black (no great surprise there Thumbs Up )
yellow/white
yellow/blue
brown/pink

I don't know if they are supposed to or where they go........

Post #16497953rd May 2016 5:20 pm
a11geo

Does a MY12 D4 have a rear PDC speaker???

I noticed earlier that the part I'd assumed to be the PDC speaker (due to its location) is actually the airbag sensor Thud But when I removed the black plastic trim below the window there was no speaker there......Holes to mount it, but no speaker....

TBH its been so long since the PDC worked that I cant remember where the sound used to come from Rolling Eyes

Post #16523329th May 2016 4:40 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >