Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > North America & LR3/4

Do people actually buy Land Rovers in the USA?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
cnfowler

United States 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Bonatti GreyLR3

A1GSS wrote:
Rubicon, never seen one before. What an ugly vehicle. Horrid. Hope it drove better than it looks.

That's a Jeep Wrangler and 'Rubicon' is a trim level. Front and rear diff locks, mud terrains, electronic anti-sway bar disconnect, and under body protection come standard, among other things. They are extremely capable, but way overpriced for what it is.

Colin

Post #94202714th Jun 2012 3:31 am
jacksun

Canada 

My kid has a Jeep TJ Sport, rides like a tractor on the road, not too bad offroad, straight from the factory they are capable, just not for anything very serious. They've changed them up now to XJ's I think (White Rubicon in previous post is the new XJ style), now a 4 door model available, much more like a car inside, doubt they added anything offroad specific.

Put 6k into it so he can go some of the places I go. Personally I would take a Freelander/LR2 before any Jeep.

Before (Same model, factory)

After (3" frame lift, 33" Dick Cepeks on 15" Dick Cepek rims ++ etc)

Land Rover Experience Quail Lodge - was a blast. You really learn what LR's can do.

Wayne

Post #94202914th Jun 2012 4:49 am
bldgrn

United States 2007 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Zambezi SilverLR3

Considering the area of the country you were in Im not surprised. Get close to any major metropolitan area on the east coast you will Very Happy

Post #9498233rd Jul 2012 12:41 am
dcwhybrew

United States 2006 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Zermatt SilverLR3

I know this is an older thread, but LR dealerships in the US are mainly in the more heavily populated areas (west coast, southeast, east coast, and some parts of the midwest US). You'll see plenty of LRs in the major cities. To the OP, you were in some pretty remote areas, so I am not surprised you didnt see any land rovers. In the US the half-ton pickup truck is more popular than a Land Rover, even most SUVs sold in the US.

Regarding the service/repair shops. LR North America has been aggressively attacking any businesses who are not licensed by LRNA to use the Land Rover words, symbols etc. That is why you wont see any LR monikers on signs other than official dealerships. I think that is a bad policy and limits LRs exposure, but LRNA doesnt care about my or anyone elses opinion.
 Chris

06 LR3 SE 

Post #9511415th Jul 2012 9:58 pm
krick3tt

United States 2007 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Unknown ColourLR3
LR shops

There are a few shops that will work on the occasional LR but it is not common. Sometimes it is best to call and ask what their main vehicle work is, don't want anyone to be experimenting on your finely tuned mechanical wonder. Some Audi shops might have a knowledgable LR mechanic.
In the off road club I am in there are at least 5 LR3's and we trade tech info and help each other out with issues. One of the guys is an LR mechanic.
Most of the LR vehicles I see on the road are mall cruisers piloted by soccer moms.

Post #172664330th Oct 2016 4:12 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >