DISCO4.COM > General

Power Steering Pump Bracket
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Ru78

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
Power Steering Pump Bracket

Morning all,
My 2006 disco has cracked its power steering pump bracket and thrown the Aux belt off...
Broken part is QVU500090 for those that are curious... how have I cracked it... starting in the cold weather!
Can I get at the pump on the drive? or is this going to need a lift to sort out?
Thanks,
Rupert

Post #231948520th Dec 2022 12:50 pm
480GT

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Has it had a replacement pump at any point? Getting to the bolts is absolutely horrendous, but just about possible on the front drive if you have a jack and stands to get the passenger wheel off. I mention the bolts and the horrendous nature of the job as I was warned that in some cases replacement pumps were fitted by unscrupulous garages who left the rear bolt out of the bracket because it's so hard to get at, causing the bracket to crack due to stress down the line.

Here's the relevant section from the manual: https://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/albums/us...diesel.pdf
Bear in mind that it makes it look a lot easier than it really is! Laughing
 D3 2005 HSE
GAP IID 

Post #231993724th Dec 2022 10:54 am
Flatlander

United Kingdom 

Oddly enough I had one about three months ago that the rear bolt had dropped out, I know it'd dropped out because it was on the undertray. Took about 1.5 hours to do, you do need the NSF wheel off and it's much easier on a two post lift so you're not working bent & twisted over. This one had a replacement engine 12 years previously so I doubt it'd been left loose to suffer 'torque relaxation' after all that time, I did put a dab of threadlock on it though. I think if the rear bolt has ever been left out the bracket will flex enough to throw the belt almost immediately, this one i could certainly deflect by hand so the belt tensioner would be capable of pulling it even more out of line.

Post #231994624th Dec 2022 12:53 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >