Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > In Car Electronics (D4)

prices for dvd in head rests
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
diverdave

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Manual Orkney GreyDiscovery 4
prices for dvd in head rests

hi all I have been looking at getting dvds fitted in the head rests prices range from 180 pounds from hongkong or 875 for a land rover any one had any experance with any of these some input would be great thanks Thumbs Up
 david race  
Post #117004710th Oct 2013 1:22 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
chalky

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

I bought some LR ones that go in the head rest about 4 years ago from Nick, I took them out of the freelander headrests and put them in the D3 ones.

All the power controllers are under the cubby box, I ripped the rear cup holders out and stuffed the gubbins in there !

An iPod provides all the movies and it's been invaluable over the past 4 years, my son is 9 now and prefers his ipad so they are rarely used.

The LR ones are good quality and have lasted me well
 Only dead fish go with the Flow !  
Post #117005210th Oct 2013 6:10 am
wvlenthe

Netherlands 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

I use a couple of ipad minis and a Seagate goflex satellite. Adds up to 750 € and also provides entertainment in the caravan and at home.

Wiljo
 D3 V8 HSE Auto in Zermatt silver - driveway version gone but not forgotten, only the living room cupboard version remains  
Post #117021310th Oct 2013 3:03 pm
marcros

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

what is the battery life like on the ipad mini? I have to say that i would be tempted to do something similar, since it probably wont be used that often, and i have one child to entertain.

I dont suppose that there is any way of linking that into the main audio is there?

How do you fix them in place?

Post #117022210th Oct 2013 4:07 pm
wvlenthe

Netherlands 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Hi Marcros,

They get over 5 hours of continuous video watching out of the ipad mini, BT off but wifi on (as the content is streamed over wifi). I have a couple of ciggy-lighter to double usb adapters to charge them if needed.

My kids (8, 6 and 4 yo) hold the devices in their hands as they also play games. I have Griffin Survivor cases for them, not cheap but said to be military grade. Dust and fluid repellent and if the ipad falls down in the car nothing gets damaged.

I know there are holders though, Discotres has pointed some out on here and I think Brodit does them. They clip onto the headrest supports (the steel ones) as far as I know.

If the ipod can be linked into the main audio, so can the ipad as it is essentially the same thing but bigger. You could use a minijack cable from the headphone connection of the ipad to the aux-in in the 2nd row, but I haven't tried this and can't tell you anything about sound level and quality. You could also stream sound over BT but that would mean a BT receiver *and* having BT enabled on the device (which will deteriorate battery life). We now give the kids headphones or earplugs to use. Imagine having 3 kids in the back, all with their iDevice with headphones, so a serene silence

Before this I used screens that get attached to the headrest with straps. Works fine until they break. It can be used in the car and via mains adapter somewhere else, but it is limited to viewing dvd's.
The thing that really did it for me is that the kids use their iPads at home and everywhere for playing games, watching movies or television, facetiming and imessaging with friends, learn to keep an agenda. So on the one side it is more versatile and on the other it is not limited to any location.

If you wish more info, just shout.

Regards,

Wiljo
 D3 V8 HSE Auto in Zermatt silver - driveway version gone but not forgotten, only the living room cupboard version remains  
Post #117026210th Oct 2013 6:22 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >