Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > In Car Electronics (D4)

Problem with Bluetooth
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
pretesh

South Africa 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 4
Problem with Bluetooth

I just bought a new Discvoery 4 HSE in January. We live 500kms away from where we bought the vehicle. I could not connect my phone to the bluetooth system of the vehicle. I went on a business trip in February and left the vehicle dealer said they sorted the problem out by reinstalling the software. This is how the phone connect.

Initially to pair the phone, you need to switch the car on and drive for a while or let it idle for a while then switch the car off. Then either switch on the audio / computer console or start the car again. Then you will be able to pair the phone.

Once the phone is paired and if you want to use the phone, you will need to switch the car on and drive for a while or let it idle for a while then switch the car off. Then either switch on the audio / computer console or start the car again. Then you will be able to get the phone to communicate with the cars bluetooth system.

The one day I was travelling long distance, I started the car switched on the bluetooth on the phone and drove to a garage 100kms away. Whilst driving, I tried to get my phone to connect to the bluetooth (It was already paired to the vehicle 2 weeks before), I failed to connect. I stopped at the garage and switched off the car and started it again and it connected.

I spoke to the dealer in February and they are saying it could be my Phone. I got a HTC TYTNII. I am having the same problem with by wifes Nokia, my brothers Apple phone as well. I am still waiting for them to get back to me.

Post #62180916th Mar 2010 1:18 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
kkqd0298

2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

I had a similar problem with my HTC and the FFRR. After a long weekend of research the problem has been solved!!!

Download a registry editor for the phone..

1. Modify the HandsFree plug-in: HKLM\Software\WIDCOMM\Plugin\HandsFree
i. Change SupportedFeatures to 45
ii. Add value HFBDA binary, set to same value as LastConnectedBda
iii. Add value HFDeviceType DWORD 2

2. Modify the WIDCOMM bluetooth general settings: HKLM\Software\WIDCOMM\BtConfig\General
i. Change bdaddr to (no value) delete the existing key value
ii. Change DisableReopenAudio to 0 (default is 1) I didn't have this registry key so I created it with DWORD value 0

3. Reboot device

Further update, when using the above I could not see the call registry in the car. Upating the SupportedFeatures to 1085 allows this.
 11 FFRR: Autobiography Black
10 FFRR: Alaska White (Sold)
09 D3: Santorini Black (Sold)
07 D3: Zermat Silver (Sold) 

Post #62461721st Mar 2010 6:55 pm
eelpout

United States 2010 LR4 5.0 V8 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyLR4

Interesting. I've got an AT&T Fuze (HTC Raphael) that worked flawlessly with my LR3, but has issues with my new LR4.

Whenever I try to run most GPS enabled apps, Bing for example, the LR4 Phone display immediately goes from showing the cell carrier name to "No Network". Either that or it unpairs the phone completely. Something radio related I'm guessing. I'm using a WM 6.5 flavored ROM.

I'll have to try your registry fixes to see if they have any effect. Where did you find those settings BTW, on xda-developers?

Post #6339069th Apr 2010 5:37 pm
eelpout

United States 2010 LR4 5.0 V8 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyLR4

it appears my HTC phone uses a different Bluetooth "stack" than the Tytn (the Touch Pro/Fuze uses Mirosoft's BT stack, Tytn, Widcomm), so I'm out of luck there with the tweaks.

They definitely changed some of the underlying BT firmware with the LR4 (i.e. not just a facelift) because I didn't have these issues with the LR3. The Bluetooth connection simply drops after a while, in addition to misbehaving if I use GPS, WiFi etc. My iPhone on the other hand seems to hold the pairing pretty well. But my iPhone has other issues.

The HTC phone not working is quite annoying. Sad

Post #63428310th Apr 2010 8:03 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >