DISCO4.COM > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Question For BAS
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Albourneboy

United Kingdom 
Question For BAS

Pete, just noticed this on your web site:

Availble for Defender 2.4TDCI,TDV6 TDV8 Freelander 2 If you already have performance tuning its Only £295+VAT with your existing remap. ...Read More!

I had a TC remap done early in 2006 (before you appeared on the scene) so what does your advert mean to me exactly?

The TC upgrade is great but if the engine management module is ever reflashed, I loose the upgrade and I know from experience it takes ages to get TC out to reinstate it so your solution sounds very attractive.

However, I believe that in order to take advantage of the BAS solution, my car's engine management system would have to be programmed to the latest LR standard but now your advert has sown a whole packet full of seeds of confusion Confused Confused Confused
 Now an ex-D3 owner after 7 happy years. Miss the car but not the big bills Smile

Post #5456194th Nov 2009 12:49 pm
bellautos

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Hi
It was a offer when the BAS tool was first on the site for customer who already had my remap prior to the BAS box relice

Customers could come to my garage and i would use there existing remap on my BAS box making it switchable.

The cost was 295+vat,, this was not a postal service as normal because of the process needed to set up the BAS tool on a car, With a car that has an existing remap the set up is different and needs to be done in the workshop to work correctly on the BAS tool.

Ive edited my site to make it clearer.

Availble for Defender 2.4TDCI,TDV6 TDV8 Freelander 2 If you already have my remap tuning its Only £295+VAT utilising your existing remap.

However if you are intrested and wanted to utilise your TC map then we can do it but it would have to be a my workshops an not by mail order.
This would only be using your TC map and not my mapping so if it were to be reflashed to a different version/update you may still loose the map you have, but remember i could not support map upates for TC if it were lost at a dealer.
The box would only be giving you the function of on/off when you desire.

But for the normal forum price of 499 you could come to my workshop and have TC & BAS mapping on the tool and i would support map updates for my part of the mapping if it were reflashed, however you may still loose the TC part/function if this were the case.

Pete

Post #5473417th Nov 2009 12:40 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Albourneboy

United Kingdom 

Ok Pete, thanks for the reply and the clarification. It makes sense that this offer is only applicable to your previous customers. Though I'm happy with the TC upgrade, if a dealer does overwrite it, it takes forever to get TC to re-instate it and after all this time, they may well have 'lost' my upgrade 'number' meaning they couldn't do it at all. Still, if that happens, I'll know where to come next time.

Thanks again Pete Thumbs Up
 Now an ex-D3 owner after 7 happy years. Miss the car but not the big bills Smile

Post #5482119th Nov 2009 9:21 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >