DISCO4.COM > Faults & Fixes (D4)

Rear Camera AND One Touch Windows
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
TGD

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4
Rear Camera AND One Touch Windows

Hello All,

I wonder if anyone has similar experience and would appreciate any advice if you have the time.

I have a 2012 D4 (the one with the twiddly gear knob).

1. The rear view camera stopped working. I booked it into my local dealer and they replaced it on warranty. I was happy enough due to the fact that I didn't have to pay for the new camera but I asked them what would happen if it broke again. The answer was that it would be replaced on warranty. My next question was what would happen if it was replaced on warranty the day before the warranty ran out and then broke 2 days later i.e. the day after the warranty ran out. Effectively it would be a brand new rear view camera breaking, but the answer was that the warranty would not cover it. I feel that this is a bit unfair. I mean, there's bad luck when something breaks after say 3 years due to fair wear and tear, but something that keeps breaking down should surely keep being replaced.

Is that just my tough luck?

2. My one touch windows stopped working after the vehicle came back from having its camera fixed. I think this is a software glitch due to the battery being disconnected when the camera was fitted. So I looked it up on this forum and found out that you put the windows down all the way, then hold the 'up' button to get them back up, and hold for a few seconds to reset the 'one touch' bit.

However, I can do this for the front windows but not the rear ones.

Any advice? The dealership want me to take it back in for them to sort it but that means taking about half a day off to drive it in then wait then drive it home. It's annoying that their cock up, or at least LR's reliability issue with windows means that I have to take a lot of time out of my day. Any thoughts on this?

Many thanks and sorry for my ramble.

TGD

Post #125274414th Mar 2014 10:39 am
DiscoDunc

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

re the warranty. if your camera breaks the day before the warranty expires, make sure you contribute something towards its replacement and get an invoice/receipt. that way you still get 12 months parts and labour warranty.

at least that's how it used to work a few years ago when I had a new vacumm pump replaced on my D3.
 Duncan
-----------------------------------------------------
If I'd known I was going to be so thirsty this morning I'd have drunk more beer last night.
FFRR Autobiography 4.4 SDV8 MY17
D4 HSE MY13 SOLD
FFRR 3.6 Vogue TDV8 SOLD
D4 HSE MY10 SOLD
D4 SE TECH MY15 SOLD
D4 XS MY12 SOLD
D4 HSE MY10 SOLD
D3 HSE MY06 - Re-Cycled Worldwide 

Post #125275414th Mar 2014 10:56 am
Gunny

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 GS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

I always reset my windows using that method, front first then rears, always works? Try holding the button a few secs longer on the last press.

Post #125326315th Mar 2014 8:45 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >