Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Technical (D3)

Rear Park Sensors
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
MARKW

United Kingdom 
Rear Park Sensors

I have rear PDC fitted to my D3, at the weekend I ffited the electrics as well in preparation for the new towbar coming. To stop the sensors going off when I have a trailler fitted and before I go to a stealers to get it done electronically can I turn them off manually.
Just PM'd Nick about it and he thinks I should have a switch next to the hazard/DSC switch. I have a blanking plate there. The question is can I just take the blank out and fit the switch and it'll work? Is the loom already there for it or is that extra.
 HONI SOIT QUI MAL Y PENSE

They shall not grow old as those of us left grow old. Age shall not weary them, nor the years condem. At the going down of the sun, and in the morning WE WILL REMEMBER THEM 

Post #35962614th Oct 2008 12:40 pm
MARKW

United Kingdom 

If you look at the DSC button there is the PDC switch to the right between the DSC and Hazard switch. Does everyone with rear only PDC have this switch or is it only for front PDC?

They shall not grow old as those of us left grow old. Age shall not weary them, nor the years condem. At the going down of the sun, and in the morning WE WILL REMEMBER THEM 

Post #35975514th Oct 2008 5:29 pm
jkp

Scotland 

If sensors are fitted then this button is also there, whether front and rear or rear only.

I have rear only and it's fitted. My laddie thinks it's funny turning it off just as I reverse....wee Censored has nearly caused a few bumps over the last year Evil or Very Mad Rolling Eyes Never rely on technology alone Thumbs Up

Post #35975814th Oct 2008 5:34 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MARKW

United Kingdom 

Nick at YLR says that all the D3's there have this switch. I have a blank like the furthest switch position in the pic in my prev post.

So do I need to contact my dealer where I got it from. Only had it about 5 weeks. Is the loom there? If I buy a switch can I just plug it in and it'll work so to speak

Post #35976114th Oct 2008 5:39 pm
MacLeod 313

Scotland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Mark, I thought they all had the button too, but only thought it disables the front PDC, the rears stay on....I may be wrong but recently I had a faulty front sensor that I needed to cancel the button as it kept flashing, but if anybody got close to the rear I still got the sensor rear bongs......Puzzling mate Question

Post #35978814th Oct 2008 6:37 pm
MARKW

United Kingdom 

Will go to a dealer to look at their stock to confirm what is what.

I'm also looking at fitting front PDC. In the pics that I've seen there are only 2 sensors in the front bumper. Can anyone with fr PDC confirm this

Post #35979014th Oct 2008 6:40 pm
tintenter

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

front PDC is 4 sensors
 Tintenter
Corris Grey Discovery 4 HSE

Bigger permagrin now installed

Semper in excretum, sole profundum moveat. 

Post #35979214th Oct 2008 6:44 pm
MARKW

United Kingdom 

Well that's just doubled the price of the parts then. Will get on to my mate and see what he'll do if I order 4 now.
Thanks for the help Thumbs Up

Post #35979314th Oct 2008 6:46 pm
MacLeod 313

Mark there is 4 sensors, two near the front fog light and two near the number plate, if a D3 has a A Bar the two near the number plate pull out and through the A Bar, hence why the colour coding sticks out like a sore thumb.

I was considering changing those for black ones instead of the silver, but canny be arsed to remove the A Bar again..

Should be able to see the black front PDC's on mine

Post #35979414th Oct 2008 6:47 pm
MacLeod 313

I got a NEW rear PDC someone could have Whistle Not much help to you though Thumbs Up

Post #35979614th Oct 2008 6:49 pm
MARKW

United Kingdom 

Many thanks for the pic. I sooooo want an A bar but er indoors has said NO so that was the end of that conversation Crying or Very sad . Will have to wait for a really cheap one to come along now

Post #35979714th Oct 2008 6:50 pm
MacLeod 313

Got mine off ebay for £99, and you do see them often on there. Moderately easy to fit as the main difficulty is removing the bumper, and the courage to drill 4x32mm holes in it... Whistle

Post #35979814th Oct 2008 6:53 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >