DISCO4.COM > General (D4)

Recall - P065 - Panoramic Roof Panel Bonding
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
nigelpugh

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Auto Scotia GreyDiscovery 4
Recall - Number of Vehicles recalled

guys,

I think we should be starting to make a count of how many people have had the recall letter.

So if you have had a recall letter for the panoramic roof recall, please add your names to this thread list.

1 billyb
2 skep
3 edwardandtubs
4 nigelpugh
5 knockinroe

Will be interesting to see how many people get letters this week.
 Nige - 2014 Disco 4 TDV6 HSE Luxury - Scotia Grey  
Post #150759327th Jul 2015 2:06 pm
Skep

Location: between Sheffield, Chesterfield, Worksop and Mansfield

United Kingdom 

Mines booked in for 26th August, apparently it will take 7 hours but that equates to 2 or 3 days Shocked there is also a software update coming too for something, it's already out for RR but D4 will be getting it too along with a couple of others it needs. Courtesy car booked so let's just hope the make a good job of it.
I, like Knockinroe have had water ingress through rear courtesy light and too assumed it was the antennae but hadn't got round to tightening it up. Hope this cures it.

Skep
 '16 Volvo XC90 R Design Bursting Blue (Vera)
'12 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Fuji White (Daz - Gone Sad
'10 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black (Vinnie - Gone)
'07 Discovery 3 2.7 TDV6 SE Stornoway Grey (Gone)
Club Side Skeps 

Post #150761327th Jul 2015 2:39 pm
Billy B

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Got my letter this morning as stated, waiting for a date to have panoramic roof removed and resealed.

About a year ago I had water ingress through the rear light, told it was a problem with the antenna and it was apparently fixed...................maybe it wasn't the antenna, something more sinister perhaps.

My D4 is garaged most of its life and I very rarely get it wet, only done 17000 miles from new, only used when away with the tin tent, maybe I should get a life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. If it don't get wet I don't get any leaks? Does that sound about right. I think I'll have a large whisky and go to bed.

Billy B
 Nothing is foolproof as the ingenuity of fools is endless.

2012 Discovery 4 HSE Luxury 

Post #150773427th Jul 2015 7:27 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Knockinroe

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

Incredible. Called dealer to ask about the urgency of this.

My roof is leaking by the rear courtesy lamp and I've got a squeak in the rear which I'm now assuming is related.

My problem: I leave next Thursday for 1 month in France where we will tour around with the tin tent - as far as the south coast before heading N again. Will be a few thousand miles. (Assuming we get through Calais)

Don't fancy the roof detaching mid holiday!

LR advice: They have made me aware and it is up to me if I'm prepared to take the risk. Shocked

I ask, "Can you get it done before I leave?". Reply, "No"

I point out "I'll not be happy if my roof comes off." Response, "Let me see... Oh yes we can squeeze you in next week as it is safety related. No courtesy car, but it will only take an hour"

I explain "But my letter says 7 hours." Reply "Oh, yes, I can see that now. We can do it next week but if you want a courtesy car we can't get you in until the end of August."

Hmmmm... My job has me on the road visiting the sites we are working on. Can't afford a day without transport, especially in the week before leaving on holiday.

What is implication if the roof comes off now? Who's responsibility? Is it mine now that they've told me? Shocked

Post #150809328th Jul 2015 1:21 pm
BLFarrar

Location: Deepest, Dankest, Darkest, Dingiest......Le Halifax, West Yorkshire...with strong links to Ireland

France 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Lugano TealDiscovery 3
Daft question

But I'm good at those
Is the tow ball recall for D4's or all tow balls ?
 BREXIT - done properly.
Right now ...We need Government - not Politics
Save the Dipstick Flagbearer-keep it simple, less likely to fail campaign-agenda items:Starting Handles, Acetylene Lamps.
Founder: Dipsticks-R-Us Inc
D3 HSE-perfectly formed, passenger friendly...has real DIPSTICK
Jag XK-but sadly no DIPSTICK...HUGE design fault
FL2 has DIPSTICK..."real comfort in rear seats"
VW Golf wondermobile (?)..has real DIPSTICK
Morris Minor..original DIPSTICK technology..and a real KEY. 

Post #150812628th Jul 2015 3:06 pm
Knockinroe

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

Well. Called a different dealer. Completely different experience.

They have not encountered the recall, went off to do some research. When they came back 20 mins later it was to book car in for Monday. LR bulletin tells them to book car for 2 days in case it cracks when being removed.

So I get an evoque or Disco Sport until end of play Tuesday.

Now looking forward to the experience! Very Happy

Thank you Guy Salmon Coventry. Thumbs Up

Post #150813928th Jul 2015 3:58 pm
Cavalier

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4
2012 Discovery recall

Had a couple of letters the other day requesting I take my 2012 Discovery 4, to the dealers to have the Panoramic roof removed and reglued back on, also they want to check any wear to the removable tow bar. Rolling Eyes

Post #150862029th Jul 2015 1:32 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Washwipe

England 

I've received the Towbar one today, not had the Panoramic Roof one.

Post #150882329th Jul 2015 7:32 pm
Billy B

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Well mine is booked in for Monday 17th.(2 days time) for Panoramic roof reseal. I hope they know what they are doing, apparently I am the first with my local dealership 'Hunters of Norwich'. I trust my baby will be looked after and treated with respect................ Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Post #151596215th Aug 2015 9:36 am
Skep

United Kingdom 

I'll be taking plenty of photos inside and out so if anything isn't right I've got something to show them as evidence. Let us know how long they take and obviously if you encounter any problems Thumbs Up

Skep
Club Side Skeps 

Post #151598315th Aug 2015 10:45 am
Billy B

Well she went in on 17th for the panoramic roof to be resealed, just received a phone call that she is ready for collection, this is the bit I am dreading.

I just hope they have done a good job and everything is as it should be, cannot collect until after 4.45pm. so I will report later after I have run my beady eyes over it and compared old photos to re sealed roof and interior panels re-fitting, bodywork for damage, rattles, squeaks, etc. etc.

Must go now.

Post #151797420th Aug 2015 3:14 pm
Skep

United Kingdom 

Everything in order Billy B? Mines off on Wednesday Confused

Skep
Club Side Skeps 

Post #151802320th Aug 2015 6:04 pm
Billy B

Hi all,

Yes one happy bunny. Everything in perfect condition. No moans or groans, they did a good job, a tiny smudging of sealant on the rear near side door pillar that came of with a quick wipe, car had been valeted throughout, service book noted with both roof and tow bar recalls and a new battery fitted to the key fob, great well pleased. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Post #151806320th Aug 2015 8:00 pm
Skep

United Kingdom 

Great news, hopefully mine will be getting the same treatment then, although I replaced the fob battery last week Rolling Eyes only received the tow bar recall letter today so will mention that when I drop it off. Did you get a loaner car? If so what have you had?

Skep
Club Side Skeps 

Post #151806820th Aug 2015 8:14 pm
Billy B

Hi Skep,

Yes, they give me a Range Rover Evoke, manual, base model, no up adjustment on the passengers seat which gave my little SWMBO the right hump, as she could only see sky and dashboard, she's still moaning about it. Said it was the worse passengers seat she had ever sat in

It was not for me, it was quick, quiet and handled well, easy to throw about etc. The clutch was very stiff/heavy and having had a recent knee joint replacement I found it uncomfortable to drive.( Not as nice and soft as my Audi A3). The gear lever seems to roll in your hand as you change from 1st to 2nd and again was quite stiff but on saying all this the car had only done 2500 miles so I might be being a bit picky. It will probably loosen up in time. But no I do not wish to own one, I'll stick with the D4, it was fantastic to get back in the driving seat for the homeward journey.

Post #151826021st Aug 2015 9:20 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >