Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Finance, Insurance and Warranties

Recommendations for External Warranty Companys
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Peakwayfarer

England 

Couldn't agree more, LR tell their Extended warranty to cover anything that is not a normal service item, and should a big item such as an engine fail, they should cover it and then claim it back from LR, in order to keep the premiums at a sensible level.

I speak from experience the engine on our 2016 Landmark failed with little warning at 20,500 miles and two and a half years old, LR replaced the engine under warranty, and supplied a loan vehicle.

However on enquiring to LRCS about the future, was advised that at the end of three years from when the car was new, warranty would expire, but should the engine fail again they would consider it under "goodwill", or if I took out a LR extended warranty it would be "favourable goodwill"

Sorry but not good enough, as potentially one could end up with a bill equal to or greater than the value of the car after a few years, and then have to rely on "goodwill" whatever that happens to be at the time.

So collected mine from the dealer drove it home, parked it up and its now been traded in, sadly the end of an era for us as we have had Land Rover products for almost 25 years, and the plan was a Range rover next, but we have now changed marques and given the current situation its very unlikely we will return.

Post #20074119th Dec 2018 2:09 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >