Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

registration info needed !
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
acmayo

Ireland 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4
registration info needed !

I used to post on the disco 3 forum a lot until i swopped over to the Disco 4 but Ive only registered today since i needed help( ihad more trouble with the D3!) ! Sounds bad on my part but I would really appreciate any help i can get on this . I originally bought a really nice Graphite model sdv6 three years ago from a dealer in the UK, brought it back to Ireland and registered it . Im now heading back to the UK with it in the next few weeks so i need to re register it in UK plates . This is a decent task when it comes to the filling out of the form to get a V5 . I cannot find all the information form anywhere except one company that wants £200 for a certificate of conformity . If anyone has these details on their V5 form i would really appreciate it .
Type Approval ... I found this on the engine bay
Type
Variant
Version
HC (g/Km)
Mass in service
Euro Status directive No
I have about another ten items that are blank but i cannot think they are needed like
Deviation factor , verification factor ,wltp test mass ,specific co2 emissions ,vehicle family identification number , RDE , and so on .

if someone could have a quick glance at their V5 form and see if any of these is shown I would be eternally grateful , I have spent the last few hours trawling but getting nowhere fast Shocked .

Very Many thanks
Alan

Post #207788422nd Aug 2019 5:30 pm
Sea Raider

This any good to you?

Post #207788822nd Aug 2019 5:36 pm
Sea Raider

Mine is Feb 2006

Post #207788922nd Aug 2019 5:37 pm
L319

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Given it was originally registered in the UK and the DVLA know all the information, cannot it be re registered without all the excessive form filling?

Post #207789922nd Aug 2019 6:45 pm
Hardware

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4

^ ... from what I saw a few months ago, DVLA keep the details and flag the car as being exported.

give them a call ... I found them more than helpful when I had issues with reg plate retention when first D4 got stolen.

Dean
====================================

2011 D4 XS - OBD port protection, RLD spare wheel protector, All LED interiors lights, Timed Climate enabled, iiD tool paired.
2011 D4 Landmark - Stolen from same dealer before I paid for it
2011 D4 GS - Stolen whilst at dealer Sad ... All LED interiors lights, DRLs, Spare Wheel protector.
1996 300Tdi - Eaten by tin worms 

Post #207790122nd Aug 2019 6:49 pm
acmayo

Thanks a million I really appreciate all the replies. I think i can use some of the registration info you gave but I'll also call them. I did that already and explained what I was doing but they just said I had to send it in etc. I'll try again. I think everything on the form you sent is very similar except the variant and the emmision levels would be differnt. Mine has 203 co2 emissions so all the others would be different but the weights and trailer info is great. If anyone had a graphite sdv6 for the variant and emmisons that would be brilliant.
Thanks again
Al

Post #207791822nd Aug 2019 7:55 pm
disco5

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Silly question why are you re registering the d4 if your only coming over to visit , as there are lots of irish motors over here on ire plates all over the country...so why cant you drive on your ire plates???

Post #207792122nd Aug 2019 8:32 pm
M3bobby

United Kingdom 

It sounds like he’s moving back here rather than visiting.

Post #207792222nd Aug 2019 8:36 pm
acmayo

Yes sorry big long story but ultimately it's staying back for good so need to re-register, inform the customs and excise get an insurance cert and all that. I'm not stingy but I didn't want to fork out another couple of hundred pounds just to get information that you would think would be sent along with the car I bought. I did look and somone had asked this a few years back and had the same issue but I still could not find all the information they needed!

Post #207793822nd Aug 2019 10:34 pm
rowlejohn

France 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

As someone who lived and worked in the ROI for 12 years before returning to the UK I can give you my thoughts and experiences.
When we returned to the UK we had two cars, one which was purchased from new and registered in ROI and had Irish plates. The other was a Range Rover Classic which we took with us from the UK when we relocated and had UK plates. We had to pay the VRT on the Rangie, get it NCT'd and had Irish plates fitted.
Whilst in Ireland the Rangie was sold to someone in the UK. I drove the car back over and called into the Motor Tax office in Birmingham (I was still the registered owner at that time) they were most helpful. I had to fill in an Import form and arrange for an MOT. The DVLA still had details of the Rangie being exported to Ireland. Took the car for it's MOT which it passed-the VIN number was entered on the MOT Cert and not the Irish reg. Took the MOT to the Tax Office and they issued the original UK reg no. and a Cert to get the number plates made up. There were no import taxes or duty to pay unlike when I registered it in Ireland !!

The second car-a 06 Mitsubishi Colt was a little more complex. Because it was built for the Irish market the Speedometer was in Metric only (KPH) which is an automatic fail for the MOT, got round that by buying a S/H speedo from Ebay and getting the mileage "Recalibrated to match the converted Kilometers shown on the original speedo...no big deal, cost me around £40 for the speedo and £25 for the calibration/adjustment. Went to the Motor Tax office and they requested a Certificate of Conformity which I got from a Mitsubishi Main Dealer FOC.
Armed with the documents including an MOT, again showing the VIN not the Irish reg they posted the form with the new UK Reg to me...All I had to pay was the road tax.

Insurance wise, when I came to insure the Colt, it was straightforward as I insured it from the date I put the UK plates on it. Up until then I was still driving it on my Irish plates and Insurance which I then cancelled.

This was in 2012, I presume that things have not changed that much but have a look on the DVLA website as there is bound to be info on there.

Good Luck and don't sweat or lose sleep over it !! Mr. Green
 Relocated to Mid France from N. Wales March 2021
Rovacomlite and IDD/ SSD diagnostics user
Previous Landies
3.9 SE Classic
3.5 V8 Disco
4.6 P38 HSE
L322 Vogue HSE
TD4 ES Freelander 1 

Post #207811223rd Aug 2019 7:39 pm
eenomc

Scotland 

As above, when I returned from Ireland I re-imported my Passat I followed the same procedure but had it mot'd on the vin, insured on the vin and then filled in the import form. As a bonus there was nothing to pay. Very Happy

Looking back now I should have sold it in Ireland as it would have sold for a bit more as it had a brand new NCT.

Post #207830425th Aug 2019 8:24 am
acmayo

Thanks a million for the help , I would not have been the registered owner in the UK before i brought it to Ireland but i did ring the DVLA after your posts and they said just to fill in as much as i can and put the old UK registration number on it and if its still available they will if all else is ok re register it . So it looks like I wont need all the different numbers . On another question , would i need to MOT the car before registration or how did that work ?
Thanks
Al

Post #207852026th Aug 2019 10:39 am
L319

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

I believe you will need an MoT , I did when I registered my Bike. VIN in place of registration number

Post #207852726th Aug 2019 11:12 am
rowlejohn

France 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

acmayo wrote:
Thanks a million for the help , I would not have been the registered owner in the UK before i brought it to Ireland but i did ring the DVLA after your posts and they said just to fill in as much as i can and put the old UK registration number on it and if its still available they will if all else is ok re register it . So it looks like I wont need all the different numbers . On another question , would i need to MOT the car before registration or how did that work ?
Thanks
Al

Yes, you will need the MOT and insurance but that is not a problem as the MOT certificate will have the VIN instead of the reg. no. and the Insurance will also be issued on the VIN. A phone call to the Insurance company after you have got your UK plates and they will amend your documents to show the UK reg. no.
Whilst you are getting everything sorted, just use the car with the Irish plates and Insurance until the time you fit the plates. Don't forget you will need to tax it over here, hence the requirement for the Insurance and MOT. VIN numbers are fine on the documents for getting your road tax. I suggest you get your plates from Ebay as soon as you know the new reg. no as this will save the hassle of trying to get them made up in a retail shop.
Good luck 8)
 Relocated to Mid France from N. Wales March 2021
Rovacomlite and IDD/ SSD diagnostics user
Previous Landies
3.9 SE Classic
3.5 V8 Disco
4.6 P38 HSE
L322 Vogue HSE
TD4 ES Freelander 1 

Post #207893928th Aug 2019 11:53 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1