DISCO4.COM > Technical (D4)

Removal of Center Console: '16 Discovery/LR 4
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
rewillia

United States 2016 LR4 3.0 SCV6 HSE Lux Auto Fuji WhiteLR4
Removal of Center Console: '16 Discovery/LR 4

Hello Forum Members,

Anyone here have knowledge they can share on removal of the center console in a 2016 Discovery/LR4 with the Rotary Gear Knob Selector (instead of the standard shift handle that earlier models were supplied with)?

I am undertaking the installation of LR's Genuine VPLAV0019 Spot/Lamps (driving lamps which mount to front bumper) and am now at the point where I need to remove the center console although the supplied LR fitting instructions that came with the Lamps shows the console with the standard type shifter).

As stated, I am ready to pull up on both sides of the console and lift it up and away but do not know if there is something else I need to do in terms of the rotary gear selector knob. I'm assuming the new type gear selector is basically an electronic switch and not attached to the flooring plate but again, before "yanking" on the console to lift it up and away would like to know for certain.

Post #201343129th Dec 2018 5:03 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
rewillia

United States 2016 LR4 3.0 SCV6 HSE Lux Auto Fuji WhiteLR4

Please disregard the above post. I search some more for You Tube videos including Range Rovers and found a few (RRs) with similar rotary gear knob selectors which helped me determine that all that is required to lift and remove the center console on a '16 Discovery/LR 4 with the rotary gear selector knob and to otherwise follow the same procedure as the standard shift (earlier models), i.e. pull and lift up the console from the rear, then disconnect 2-two separate wiring plug connectors.

Post #201344129th Dec 2018 5:20 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >