Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Wheels & Tyres

Replacement Road Tyres
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Dexter

Scotland 
Replacement Road Tyres

I have been happy with the originally fitted 18" Pirelli Scoprions which I'm looking to replace soon. They cover all that I require regarding off road and winter driving capability but it would have been nice if they'd lasted a bit more than 15k miles.

What recommendations have any others got for this type of road tyre which may last longer whilst performing as well as the Pirellis regarding road noise, grip and economy.

I'm thinking about Continental, Michelin (though they look a bit pants) or even another set of Scorpions if that's what it takes. I've read the threads covering AT2s, ATRs etc but feel that they are a bit over the top for my needs which amount to 65% A road, 35% Motorway and a minimal amount of tintent towing on grassy slopes.

Dex.

Post #4164586th Feb 2009 4:30 pm
SJR

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Arctic FrostDiscovery 3

The current list of available tyres can be found on the site Wiki area here Thumbs Up

you will no doubt get feeback on here, but a half hour spent reading online reviews on the various tyres would be a half hour well spent IMHO.

Most of my driving is road based and i use AT2's, they last well, have all the grip you are likely to need and are comparatively cheap based on Pirelli at £150 each doing 15k miles = £10 per 100s miles per corner, or AT2 at £105 each doing £30k miles+ = £5 per 1000 miles per corner. For me that was decision made Thumbs Up

Note: pricing was as per last september when i bought them and did the maths

Post #4164606th Feb 2009 4:36 pm
JPW

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

I changed my Scorpian Zeros last year for Goodyear Wrangler HP AWs. I was a bit fed up with the Zeros loosing traction on muddy slopes and wet grass. The Wranglers whilst still being an road biased tyre are slightly better off road IMO.

The Wranglers seem to be wearing well and are fine in both the dry and wet (and snow) although I've lost a bit of fuel economy which i put down to the swap.

Post #4164866th Feb 2009 5:08 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >