Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > In Car Electronics (D4)

RSE - Remote Control
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
The_Gate

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
RSE - Remote Control

Hello all, first post - found this website about a month ago. Some background first - had a BMW 535d Touring with panoramic sunroof. Said sunroof shattered during a journey (at about 30mph, not hit by any debris), and the safety glass showered over my nanny and my kids in the back (1 year and 3 years). The results could have been a lot worse, but BMW completely refused to take my complaints seriously and charged £2600 to have the whole sunroof replaced (luckily insurance covered most of this). Several letters to BMW customer service were fobbed off, so I decided to sell and replace with a new Disco 4. I went to my local dealer who had one on order for stock and it had most of the stuff that we were looking for, so from order to delivery was about 3 weeks!

We picked up the car last Thursday.

We have the RSE, and the instruction manual refers to a remote control. The dealer didn't think that this was the case, but the screen at the front refers to a remote control disabling option, so seems strange that there wouldn't be a remote control. Also found that it is impossible to manipulate DVDs when moving (i.e. start a DVD that has a menu screen). Was wondering if anyone else has experience of this?

We have had the car 5 days, first thoughts:-

1) I am in love with it.
2) It is refined, quiet, capable and serene.
3) Can't wait to use it "off-road". We have some tricky country lanes around us, but apart from some mud and standing water it has not been used to its capabilities yet. Perhaps I should wait until we get it dirty....
4) Took it for a long motorway drive (150 miles each way) and it is effortless
5) It has so much boot space that the normal stuff that we take for a weekend away with the kids, which would have stretched the BMW bootspace, barely registered. Still no problems in using the boot cover

I know most people will think that the car is overkill for somebody who has never off-roaded, but it gives so much reassurance to know that when the weather turns bad that we will be in a machine that can handle whatever mother nature can throw at it (assuming it is controlled by somebody who knows what they are doing....)

Why isn't this car more widely praised? It is an awesome machine!

Post #70804925th Oct 2010 8:58 am
crwoody

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Just wait till it snows, then you'll really see the benefits - specially compared to the Beemer Mr. Green

EDIT; Sorry, cant help with the remote question but welcome to the land of D3/D4 Razz
 Clive

Post #70805025th Oct 2010 9:06 am
doubledoom

England 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

Quote:
We have the RSE, and the instruction manual refers to a remote control. The dealer didn't think that this was the case, but the screen at the front refers to a remote control disabling option, so seems strange that there wouldn't be a remote control. Also found that it is impossible to manipulate DVDs when moving (i.e. start a DVD that has a menu screen). Was wondering if anyone else has experience of this

There is a remote control. The manual refers to it. The instruction video on youtube refers to it and I have one with ours. The remote allows you to control DVDs when moving as long as the front screen is not on the RSE page.

Post #70806525th Oct 2010 9:35 am
2DISCO3ORNOT

Welcome to the site Mr Gate, I have seen a remote control in a Discovery brochure, dont have it myself, but would be checking the spec on my order and perhaps phoning LR customer services if the stealer isnt playing ball.
Good Luck and happy motoring Thumbs Up

Post #70806625th Oct 2010 9:36 am
The_Gate

doubledoom wrote:
Quote:
We have the RSE, and the instruction manual refers to a remote control. The dealer didn't think that this was the case, but the screen at the front refers to a remote control disabling option, so seems strange that there wouldn't be a remote control. Also found that it is impossible to manipulate DVDs when moving (i.e. start a DVD that has a menu screen). Was wondering if anyone else has experience of this

There is a remote control. The manual refers to it. The instruction video on youtube refers to it and I have one with ours. The remote allows you to control DVDs when moving as long as the front screen is not on the RSE page.

Thanks Doubledoom, I thought I was going mad. Dealer promised to call back today after investigation. Is there a specific storage location in the car for the remote? I thought perhaps that it is hidden somewhere in the car and the dealer forgot to show it to us. I need to go back to the dealer soon as we have a minor issue with one of the metal strips around the window on the drivers door which is loose.

Post #70806725th Oct 2010 9:42 am
Russell

United Kingdom 

Welcome and as others have said you will love the car as the weather turns. Where in West Kent are you? There is a meet this Friday for those in this part of the country if you are intrested in coming along.
 MY17 D5 1st Edition Namib Orange
MY15 D4 HSE Kaikoura Stone
MY12 D4 HSE Nara Bronze Sold and gone
MY11 D4 HSE Stornaway Grey Sold and gone
D3 S spec Silver Sold and gone
Tow bar, full length roof bars, side steps, tow bar storage unit, surround camers.
D4 camera club 

Post #70809625th Oct 2010 11:51 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
The_Gate

Thanks for the welcome. I am just inside the M25, in Halstead. Can't make this Friday unless it's the evening, but would be interested to meet up. It seems the 7 Diner is the place to meet for car enthusiasts!

Post #70809925th Oct 2010 11:54 am
doubledoom

England 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

The_Gate wrote:
doubledoom wrote:
Quote:

Thanks Doubledoom, I thought I was going mad. Dealer promised to call back today after investigation. Is there a specific storage location in the car for the remote? I thought perhaps that it is hidden somewhere in the car and the dealer forgot to show it to us. I need to go back to the dealer soon as we have a minor issue with one of the metal strips around the window on the drivers door which is loose.

There is no specific place for the remote or the headphones (make sure you got those as well) The door panel trays is where ours gets put.

Post #70832825th Oct 2010 9:44 pm
The_Gate

Thanks DD - we got the headphones in the bags. We thought perhaps the remote control would be in there. The dealer called us back and confirmed that there should have been a remote contol, and he will order one today if I confirm that after a good hunt around that there isn't one in the car! I did have a good look around last night in all the cubby holes, and still didn't find it.

Whilst looking, I accidentally got in, and drove around for about an hour listening to the stereo very loudly. The novelty definitely hasn't worn off. Thumbs Up

Post #70840826th Oct 2010 8:03 am
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Mr. Green ? Thumbs Up
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #70843326th Oct 2010 9:08 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >