Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Rustproofing
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Phil1644

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
Rustproofing

Have just had two days off work so got the D3 up on axle stands and gave the underneath a good wirebrushing in as many places I could reach with my electric drill. Then soaked all the rusty spots in Kurust and left it overnight. Have just applied black hammerite paint and will leave it to dry now for a couple of days. I'm working this weekend but have 4 days off next week so am planning to Waxoyl it then. Got loads of old newspaper for the garage floor! The photo below shows the spare wheel removed and the heat/spray shield removed. The bolts holding it in place were rusted up and the brackets very corroded, but managed to eventually undo them, I have drilled the rivets out on the brackets so they can be properly painted and new bolts fitted, will go to B&Q tonight for them. I changed the oil in the front & rear diffs after following the instructions elsewhere on the the forum, I couldnt believe the amount of swarf on the magnetic drain plugs after only 4 yrs/51000 miles!

Post #62306318th Mar 2010 4:56 pm
jonny teflon

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

did mine last week ,now hopefully thats the end of the bad weather Rolling Eyes bit of a dirty job but looks good now Smile isnt it abit early for your diff oils , getting mine done in 5000 miles at 75000 service

Post #62312318th Mar 2010 6:56 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >