Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > My Discovery 3

Sad day
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Motolab

Netherlands 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

I agree with the last 2 posters..

But more importantly, what you call ULEZ, is quite the environmental standard (or upcomming) in all the BIG city’s in the whole world, from the america’s, Australia, china, singapore, europe mainland, etc etc..

So why blaming a specific mayor?

The only comment/problem with a lot applied rules i see here in the Netherlands is that they make rules on building year of a motor and not on pure measurement.. don’t know how that works in your ULEZ zone’s.

The germans do it “better” in that way… for instance.. my ‘06 D3 (tdv6) is a EU3 (EU3 is NOT allowed in the “green” zone’s in Germany, Netherlands, etc.) first registrerd in Germany. A former German owner , added a DPF, registered (eingetragen) it with DPF as a EU4 in Germany, so allowed in the GREEN zone in the german big city’s and netherlands!

When i imported it in the Netherlands, they said… EU4 in the papers doesn’t matter… measurements doesn’t matter…it is build in ‘06 (before ‘07 is the rule for the green zone’s EU4) so it IS EU3… Twisted Evil

Every single country has it’s own sort of rules regarding these details… applying them pure on age, seems very debatable IMHO..

But then again, going on with polution like we are doing the last 100 years, is also debatable in a still growing human population… we have to do “something” in the end…

City life has his (dis) advantages…
 Best regards
Harold

Always looking for Pre '55's & Pre war British Motorcycles! knowing or having one for sale? PM please. I visit the UK 6 times a year

Ps. I edit my texts quite often, english is not my native language, so I will edit My “typo’s” etc. Wink 

Post #232671915th Feb 2023 9:33 am
1powerrack

England 

In the Khan video what is most apparent from the "poll" taken by Londoner's was that the majority rejected the ULEZ expansion but he proceeded and discounted the majority's rejection, so what's the point in having such polls? if the results are ignored because it does not fit in with the proposed agenda, the ULEZ will hit many ordinary people who cannot afford an electric car in the current financial environment, in the end this is a fund raising exercise for London Council, I am sure in the near future there will be alternatives like Toyota's Internal Combustion Engines that can be converted to run on Hydrogen
 D3 4.4 V8 2005 sadly now gone
Freelander 2 i6 HSE now gone was a very good 4x4
Triumph TR8 

Post #232672515th Feb 2023 10:29 am
DIY Ace

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

The whole matter of whether it is democratic is interesting. I can see and agree with both sides, to a degree.

That said, we must accept that we put people into power to make unpopular decisions that we're not prepared to make ourselves. Taxing people, creating laws that limit freedoms etc. I'm not surprised if the majority don't want the ULEZ, but that doesn't mean it's not a good idea.

Raising interest rates and cutting public spending is for example is the right thing to do right now, for the good of all meidum term, but if you took a poll I'd be flabbergasted if people voted for it.

Likewise taxes, speed cameras, smoke-free public spaces, etc. All mostly unpopular buy the right thing to do nonetheless.
 2022 BMW i4 M50. Bought Oct 2022. 10,200 miles and counting...
2014 BMW 435d convertible. Bought July 2021. 58,000 miles and counting...
2005 Discovery 3 HSE Auto. Bought Feb 2019. 169,000 miles and counting...
2009 Freelander 2 XS Manual. Bought Sep 2013. SOLD Aug 2021 (already regretted!)

https://youtube.com/channel/UCO_u_0D45x9KGfiNstzLJnw 

Post #232674015th Feb 2023 12:26 pm
HairyFool

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto ZanzibarDiscovery 4
Duplicitous in the extreme

Setting aside the need for air quality improvement my take on the video.

The returns from the consultation are 60-70% against ULEZ expansion. This is not what Kahn wants so the Deputy Mayor and various other officers set up a number of meetings with various interested bodies to try and "engage" the younger population on the assumption they are more likely to be in favour.

This doesn't work so more meetings take place, this time funds are "found" for more active campaigning by those bodies but despite that the results of further returns remain above 60%.

All the time of course there is no record of President Kahn's involvement. It's not him it's the deputy mayors office and other officers activities. Nor does he know what the thousands of pounds is for! This deniabilty is somewhat implausible in the extreme and despite the results of the consultation remaining significantly negative ULEZ expansion is still to go ahead. Evil or Very Mad

Sound a little like an un-named consultation from a few years ago.
 A visitor from the dark side, my other vehicle is an MG5 EV  
Post #232677315th Feb 2023 3:38 pm
KevinD3

England 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

I really wish that I’m my job, when something goes wrong, I could sit in front of the boos and just answer”I’m unaware, I was the dessission maker and not involved in the activity”

Saying that, one reply he made stuck with me and reminded me my opinion wouldn’t matter, he clearly stated that the exercise “is a consultation, not a referendum” so they’ve made it clear, our opinions are sought be can be ignored at the discretion of the powers that be. If you take that into account, there’s no recourse against them for ignoring the thousands of “against” emails in the numbers, as it’s not a vote, they don’t have to include them…..basicaly it’s fixed from the start with the illusion of the public having a say
 2008 HSE Stornoway Grey

My Wife thinks the D3 is a hobby, The D3 thinks the wife is 💕 

Post #232680815th Feb 2023 7:02 pm
Moo
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

So why not lobby your local councillor and MP or stand for election yourself to change things. Moaning and griping doesn't get recognised or change anything.

The problem is that these things are announced, a consultation is initiated and the policy is introduced but people only get involved once they are implemented and then it's too late.
 New Defender L663 110 SE (known as Noddy!)

Sold Volvo XC90 R-Design (known as Basil)

Sold - D4 HSE (Known as Gerty)

No longer the Old Buses original owner Sad
231,000 miles and counting
05 S manual owned from March 2005
D4 Face lifted
Still original injectors and turbo
V8 Front brakes
BAS Remap, Allisport Intercooler and deCat
EGRs blanked
T-Max split charge
Hanibal Expeedition rack
Prospeed ladder
Duratrac tyres
IID BT
BAS FBH control 

Post #232681515th Feb 2023 7:46 pm
Philw1

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Flatlander wrote:
If lawyers are advising him, they generally let you know how much you can get away with to the letter of the law, not the spirit of it. If one said it was raining, I'd have to look out of the window to check. I haven't been to Londonistan since he took control, and I'm richer for it - in all senses of the phrase.

Londonistan lol love it , but that does some it up in one word .

Post #232683915th Feb 2023 10:12 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

Of course racism aside, it's similar policies that most applauded King Boris for Whistle
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #232684315th Feb 2023 11:00 pm
Moo
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Rolling Eyes So true. Thumbs Up

But it's easier to bitch and moan than get engaged. Rolling Eyes
 New Defender L663 110 SE (known as Noddy!)

Sold Volvo XC90 R-Design (known as Basil)

Sold - D4 HSE (Known as Gerty)

No longer the Old Buses original owner Sad
231,000 miles and counting
05 S manual owned from March 2005
D4 Face lifted
Still original injectors and turbo
V8 Front brakes
BAS Remap, Allisport Intercooler and deCat
EGRs blanked
T-Max split charge
Hanibal Expeedition rack
Prospeed ladder