Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > For Sale & Wanted [Archive]

[Sold] 1999 Renault Clio AUTOMATIC, 40,000 miles
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
astonbuilder

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
[For Sale] 1999 Renault Clio AUTOMATIC, 40,000 miles

Bought through a member off here but now got to go as my daughter is having a baby so not working/earning.

Just cut and pasted the eBay wording and a couple of pics. If you want to know anything else please ask

It is a very clean and tidy car, both inside and out, with very low miles for it's year. It's not bashed or rusty and had no advisories on it's last MOT. It has good tyres, solid exhaust, etc. Plenty of life left in this car yet. Been very reliable

Despite it being a 1.6 engine it cost no more than her previous 1.2 Polo to insure and she's only 19. She can only drive automatic car on her licence and there wasn't much around when we got this car.

Car is currently in Sutton Coldfield (where my daughter lives) but is likely to end up on my drive in next couple of weeks in Stratford-Upon-Avon so bear locations in mind if wanting to view. Documents are all in her name and no finance owing, etc. on car.

So the good and not so good of the car so transparent exactly what you are looking at;

GOOD Points
- Very low mileage of just over 40,000 - only does a few miles a week currently
- Very clean bodywork with no major damage and no rust, bodged repairs, etc.
- Very clean interior
- No advisories on MOT and nothing aware needs doing, all consumables on car in good order
- Good on fuel and cheap to insure

NEGATIVE points
- Fuel flap is in the boot - will bond it back on if/when car comes down to me if time before any sale
- Electric sunroof is sealed shut and fuse removed. Car had water leak in headlining area when she got it. Lots on Renault forums about this so I sealed the roof up but have also cleared the heater/plenum pipe in the engine bay that was solid with silt and seems to allow water to back up till it finds somewhere to go. Seems to have done the job but if I had more access/time with the car I'd drop the headliner at front to check roof drain pipes also. Could then unseal the roof.
- Intermittent warning light on dash when gearbox doesn't automatically 'lock out' into top gear occasionally at higher speeds. Changed a gearbox pressure switch (Renault forum advice) and it improved it so, again if I had access and time with the car, I think a gearbox flush would sort it fully. My daughter only uses car in town so doesn't go fast enough in it!!!!
- Radio doesn't work. Spent ages messing with this and got the CD player working then realised it's a later model Peugeot head-unit so don't think the wiring is the same. Standard fit OE radio head units are avail;able on eBay for about £10 and up but daughter wasn't bothered with it. Putting a standard unit back in would mean the built in dash display would work again and remote control on steering wheel, etc.

So, in summary, this is a good, clean, solid car with a couple of things to sort out to give you a decent, reliable car with plenty of life left in it and very clean all round.

Please note current location of car in Sutton Coldfield but may be moving it down to Stratford-Upon-Avon

Car will only be released with cleared funds and/or cash exchanged for key, documents, V5C, etc.

Any questions please ask and I'll get back ASAP

Listed on eBay for £450

Post #195527919th Jun 2018 11:57 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >