Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > FS: Other Vehicles

[For Sale] 2003 Land Rover Discovery ES Auto 4.6 v8 John Eales Engine
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Philsteward

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Barolo BlackDiscovery 3
[For Sale] 2003 Land Rover Discovery ES Auto 4.6 v8 John Eales Engine

2003 Land Rover Discovery II v8i ES Auto in black. Now fitted with a 4.6 litre v8 rebuilt by John Eales (JE Developments) and a BRC LPG system, all covered less than 5k miles

This vehicle has had a considerable sum of money spent on it in recent years by my father, however due to health reasons the vehicle unfortunately now needs a new home. Vehicle comes with personalised private registration number T200OSP, it would be a '53 plate if this were removed.

Engine & drive train
Vehicle was bought with head gasket issues on the original 4.0 litre engine, this was removed and rebuilt by JE Developments in the Midlands, well known for v8 quality engine rebuilds. This includes the top hat liners and replaced & pressure tested heads and cams. The ECU was remapped to accept the 4.6 engine and power as well. Everything was changed when it was put back into the vehicle including all serviceable parts, new radiator, water pump, air con condenser and dryer, cooling fans, silicone coolant pipes, new battery, gearbox fluid, lambda sensors etc. Also the engine was fitted with the top of the range BRC LPG system by a qualified installer. The previous twin tanks were left as was the small 25 litre petrol tank. This is mated to a straight through stainless exhaust which has had various silencers removed so it is definitely obvious it is a v8 - it is not quiet! The vehicle also has the diff lock fitted as standard from the factory and all transfer box & diff fluids have been changed. The ACE systems works fine with no issues.

Vehicle will come with replacement oil filter, air filter, pollen filter and drive belt. The drive belt is showing signs of ageing so was planning on changing it during the service. I would not be servicing the vehicle until 145k miles, it was last done at 140k miles. I have noticed recently that the power steering has developed a leak. It is from the main reservoir or pipes so not major to fix.

External
The vehicle has had the rear air suspension removed and 2" lifted coil springs fitted all round as well as extended brake hoses. The whole of the underneath has been wax oiled and is in good condition with no issues on previous MOTs. The vehicle has been fitted with window tints on the rear side and back windows, it has a tow bar with full tow and caravan electrics. It has had the Xenon headlight conversion so the headlights are much brighter, 6000k. The brakes are all in good condition, with over half their life left. The tyres are Pirelli Scorpions on the front with 4-5mm of tread, and General Grabber at the back with 6-7mm of tread.

External spec of the vehicle:
Remote central locking with deadlocks and two keys
Alarm & immobiliser
Xenon headlights
Tow bar with full tow and caravan electrics
Folding door mirrors
Twin sunroofs
Original Land Rover alloys
Side steps
Rear parking sensors

There are various marks around the body. The arches have been sprayed to return them to black, and the headlights are showing signs of crazing. The window tinting has slipped slightly on the rear window so a ridge is visible. The front fog lights work, but the reflectors inside have crumbled. There are some marks and scrapes on the roof, not noticeable from the ground.

Internal
This vehicle was a high spec one from the factory. It has all the usual ES refinements as below:
Black leather seats 7 seats
Heated and electric front seats
Electric windows all round
Electric heated mirrors
Air conditioning and climate control split driver/passenger
Twin electric sunroofs
Cruise control
Harmon Kardon radio cassette player with iPhone/iPod connectivity
Original roof mounted DVD player with remote
The vehicle has had LED lighting fitted throughout so nice and bright inside. Unfortunately the DVD player seems to have developed a battery drain issue so this has been disconnected. The leather is starting to show signs of wear on the drivers seat and there is a tear on the back of the seat where the rear seats were folded forwards. The sunroofs appear to have the normal leaking issue which has caused the headlining to sag ever-so slightly but will need addressing. The cruise control has stopped working, it did work until recently so believe it will be a vacuum issue rather than anything else.

Overall there is a lot of car for the money. The mechanics are solid, the engine is very powerful and fun to drive and basically new. There are some cosmetic issues which need resolving to make it perfect. But this is a very capable family vehicle with a lot of fun added in and also a very capable off roader.

Any questions please ask, happy to facilitate viewings. Looking for £5,995 ono

Post #194713221st May 2018 10:39 pm
NJSS

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4

GLWTS

I am a great fan of John Eales, he builds exceptionally good & very reliable engines.

I had one in a FFRR many years ago after head gasket problems, and it ran over 180k miles with no problems.

I still have a John Eales in my MGB GT V8 - it is superb! Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

http://www.johnealesroverv8.co.uk/

NJSS
 Am I Gammon or Woke ? - I neither know nor care.

2016 Discovery 4 Landmark
2011 Mercedes Benz SL350 (R230)
1973 MG B GT V8 - 3.9L John Eales engine, 5 speed R380 gearbox, since 1975.
1959 MGA roadster - 1.9L Peter Burgess Engine - 5 speed gearbox
Past LRs - Multiple FFRs, Discos & a Series I - some petrol, some diesel,
none Electric or H2 fuel cell - yet.
There are 10 types of people in this world: Those who understand binary, and those who don’t. 

Post #194717722nd May 2018 7:43 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >