Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > For Sale & Wanted [Archive]

[Sold] 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE, 152k, Mot 06/19 , £3750
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
eenomc

Scotland 
[For Sale] 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE, 152k, Mot 06/19 , £3750

2005 Land Rover Discovery 3 SE, 152170 miles, MOT 1st June 2019.

I’ve owned this car for nearly 5 years and have enjoyed owning it but increased travelling means it has now been replaced. Please note the car is now off the private plate (E7 NNO) and is now on it’s original number (HJ05 XUS). This was completed on the 15/07 and I am now awaiting the new V5 (new v5 arrived today 19/07). The car is in good overall condition with details below:

(BODYWORK) The bodywork is in good overall condition with normal age related marks with the exception of the following points:
The front grill requires repainting as it has become dull and paint has peeled in some sections.
Small area of corrosion at door jam rear passenger side.
Rear passenger quarter panel has a small dent when a wheelie bin got blown into the side of the car (next to light).
Front drivers door, small ding just below handle.
Rear drivers door has scuff marks.
Tailgate upper has a small ding on paintwork below rear wiper.

(WHEELS) The wheels are the original 10 spoke SE wheels and whilst tidy from a distance could really do with a refurb. The tyres are all Pirelli Scorpions with 2.5-3.5mm of tread left. Slightly more worn on the inside edges at the front. The spare is a Scorpion ATR in similar condition.

(LIGHTING) The front Xenon lights have been ‘detango’d and resealed 4 years ago. Side repeaters are clear versions and the rear lights have no cracks, etc.

(TOWBAR) The car has a fixed tow bar with 7 and 13 pin electrics.

(GLASS) The windscreen is in good condition with only minor chips. The rear windows are tinted and also free from any obvious scratches.

(AIRCON) The car has front and rear air con systems and both work well keeping the car cold.

(SEATS) The car has full leather with heated front and rear seats. The driver seat heater works but develops a hot spot (believe this is a broken element). The seats are in good condition showing some signs of wear.

(ICE) The car has had the old sat nav and audio system removed. This has been replaced with a Kenwood DAB+ and Bluetooth system with external microphone. The sat nav has been replaced with an updatable Garmin unit. An amplifier under the drivers seat ensures the subwoofers still work.

The car also has a luggage (dog) guard fitted and USB sockets in the boot. The boot carpet could benefit from a deep clean but is free from damage.

I’ve owned the car since October 2013 and bought it with the intention of keeping it forever. I have completed all the maintenance on the car myself (apart from MOTs) and in this time I have completed the following:

May 2018: New brakes all round (calipers, pads, discs, handbrake switch, handbrake shoes, handbrake module), Autobox linkage, Outer rear right parking sensor, new bulbs all round and wiper blades.
March 2018 (148800): engine oil change, air and oil filter.
August 2017 (142000): engine oil change, air and oil filter.
August 2017: Rear upper arms, hub carrier bushes.
June 2017: Air compressor replacement.
March 2017: Rear drivers side caliper.
March 2017: Rear GKN Propshaft.
September 2016 (135350): transfer box oil change, engine oil change, fuel, air and oil filter.
April 2016: Track rods, rear antiroll bar overhaul, front ball joint, rear brake hoses, rear metal brake pipes, front lower suspension arms polybushed.
October 2015: Rear left light cluster replaced.
September 2015(124200): auto linkage replaced, front to rear brake pipes replaced, brake caliper sliders (front), air reservoir tank, engine oil change, fuel, air and oil filter.
June 2015: Front diff rebuild including pinion bearing (new crush washer sourced from friend in USA).
March 2015: Mechatronic sleeve and metal replacement sump, gearbox flush.
February 2015 (118600): engine oil change, air and oil filter.
November 2014: Aux tensioner and drive belt.
September 2014: New front diff breather, fuel filter.
August 2014: Brake light switch, air filter (following dust storms) and front wipers.
May 2014: Front/rear discs-pads-handbrake shoes.
February 2014 (112100) : engine oil change, air and oil filter.

Gearbox flush MMP Landrover (disco_mikey) can’t remember when but it looks chilly!!

Prior to this the car has a full Land Rover service history (including belts).

Current Issues: whilst the car is in very good mechanical condition there are 3 points to note. Firstly the car has a noisy front wheel bearing which is apparent at 55-60mph (not sure which side, so 2 x wheel bearings included) and secondly the occasional suspension error (no temperature signal from
compressor which I suspect is a wiring issue). The last issue was noted by my MOT tester that the front prop has an element of play that will need to be sorted in the next 10k miles.

(EXTRAS) The car comes with some extras:
4 x General Grabber AT tyres. These were only on the car for 1200miles before they were deemed ‘too noisy’.
1 x Nanocom Diagnostic unit that is licensed for both the Discovery 3 and TD5 Discovery.
2 x Lightforce 240 lights converted to Xenon 55W with extra grille cut to suit.
2 x Wheel bearings
And any other ‘bits’ I bought for the car.

I think I am being realistic looking for £3750 and am happy to answer any questions you might have. I am based in the NE of Scotland (Fochabers) but can support with transport arrangements etc.

Post #196435217th Jul 2018 10:00 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >